Where did you buy your Porter Cable and how much did you pay?

torchenvy

I e-brake all FWD cars!
Established Member
I am looking to buy a Porter Cable to apply waxes, polish, etc. What model # would best suit my needs. Does it come with everything I need besides the pads? If not what else will I need? What pad would I want to use to apply paint cleaner, Red Moose Machine glaze and EX-P sealant? Where is a good place to buy pads, I would like to support some of the guys on the site that sell these products. I also wouldn't mind buying my PC from them if they have a competitive price.

Thanks in advance

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I'd buy a Flex or UDM over the Porter Cable. Look on Autogeek, they usually sell package deals with pads.

zeus201

Established Member
^ It's little more "refined" than a PC, but a PC will work just fine.

There really isn't any reason to go out and buy a FLEX unless you plan on doing a ton or cars regularly.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
^ It's little more "refined" than a PC, but a PC will work just fine.

There really isn't any reason to go out and buy a FLEX unless you plan on doing a ton or cars regularly.

close enough, plus its made by porter cable

The PC will be fine, some products may take a little longer to break down but they'll be fine

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I have probably done 100 cars with my PC.
When it dies, I'm going to buy the Flex.

Scott P

Established Member
I am looking to buy a Porter Cable to apply waxes, polish, etc. What model # would best suit my needs. Does it come with everything I need besides the pads? If not what else will I need? What pad would I want to use to apply paint cleaner, Red Moose Machine glaze and EX-P sealant? Where is a good place to buy pads, I would like to support some of the guys on the site that sell these products. I also wouldn't mind buying my PC from them if they have a competitive price.

Thanks in advance

I don't carry the PC for the simple reason that you can easily get it below what my cost would be. You can get it from Coastal Tool for $109. You then get my Buffing Pad Starter Kit - CCS Pads for $54 and you'll be good to go.

torchenvy

I e-brake all FWD cars!
Established Member
I don't carry the PC for the simple reason that you can easily get it below what my cost would be. You can get it from Coastal Tool for $109. You then get my Buffing Pad Starter Kit - CCS Pads for $54 and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for the link to the PC. What is the 6" Foam Polishing Pad that it comes with? Does it come with any backing plate?

Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread