Where can I pick up a new d1sc head unit

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
Hey guys, I've been looking online quite a bit and I'm having a hard time finding a procharger d1sc head unit. I don't need the whole kit as I'm putting my own kit together so I'm just looking for the head unit. Anyone know where I can pick one up new. Or used I guess.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Good luck finding one used. I looked for a couple months and couldn't find one. I ended up with a T trim I'm not completely happy with. You can check vendors like House of Boost for the head unit.

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
Good luck finding one used. I looked for a couple months and couldn't find one. I ended up with a T trim I'm not completely happy with. You can check vendors like House of Boost for the head unit.

Yea thats the only place I've found them so far. I'm going to contact a procharger vendor in my area and see if they will sell me just the head unit but somehow I think they won't. Thanks for the heads up though.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Procharger used to convert P1's to D1's for about 1K....I think it is really only an impeller change.

I assume you do not have a P1?

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
Procharger used to convert P1's to D1's for about 1K....I think it is really only an impeller change.

I assume you do not have a P1?

No I'm in the process of doing my first motor build now. Wanted to get the motor prepped for the supercharger so I don't destroy the block by throwing a rod. Just trying to plan ahead. What's the going price for a used p1sc?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

Why aren't you happy with the T-trim?

01yellercobra

Established Member
No I'm in the process of doing my first motor build now. Wanted to get the motor prepped for the supercharger so I don't destroy the block by throwing a rod. Just trying to plan ahead. What's the going price for a used p1sc?

I've seen P1's for less then $1000. Think the cheapest I've seen is $500. But add the D1 upgrade and you're closing in on a new D1. The impeller is the only difference between the P1 and D1. The bearings are the same between the two.

Why aren't you happy with the T-trim?

Mostly dealing with the bracket when I need to change the belt. It's a royal PITA. And I thought I'd see more boost out of it.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I gotcha.. Yea the belt isn't the easiest in the world, but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy.. I don't think you'd see much boost with a D1.. Your motor is just stupid effiecient.. That thing really needs a F1 IMHO

01yellercobra

Established Member
I gotcha.. Yea the belt isn't the easiest in the world, but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy.. I don't think you'd see much boost with a D1.. Your motor is just stupid effiecient.. That thing really needs a F1 IMHO

I was originally looking for an F1A, but the budget at the time disagreed. I think I'm going to start looking again after the first of the year. Or tell the wife that's what I want for Christmas.

99procharged

Established Member
I have a d1sc kit on my 99 i might be willng to sell. Kind of want to do an eaton swap. I have all the paperwork for it, including the ID card. Makes 435 at the wheels threw all oem cats on a dyno jet.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I have a d1sc kit on my 99 i might be willng to sell. Kind of want to do an eaton swap. I have all the paperwork for it, including the ID card. Makes 435 at the wheels threw all oem cats on a dyno jet.

Price and pulley size? Assuming 4.0 pulley?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread