where can I get one?

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Hello Mates
can anyone help me? I have a "99" L over here in the U.K. and am trying to get my hands on a full workshop manual ,
with the help of another forum member doing a vin check for me I know my truck had been well maintained up until it was imported and I want to keep it that way , I've e-mailed a few blokes on U.S. e-bay advertising ford f150 workshop manuals but they all say they dont cover lightnings (supercharger etc), so can anyone tell me what I need to get and where I can get one so I can care for my pride and joy, cheers,
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
bloody hell that was quick
I tried SVTFORDPARTS as a web search and it came up no result do you have any further details? ta.
Stay Lucky
Brit-lightning.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
LightningMAS said:
i think SVTFORDPARTS can get u a manual for our trucks..
sorry mate after a couple of cups of coffee and a bit of a think I worked out you were talking about another forum member :idea: (well it is first thing in the morning for me !) I did a member search and found a bloke called FORDSVTPARTS who is an authorized vendor so I'll give him a shout and see if he can help cheers
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member

I'D WIN

Established Member
BTW, these manuals don't cover the L's extensively but you will find some information on them.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
I'D WIN said:
BTW, these manuals don't cover the L's extensively but you will find some information on them.
do they cover the supercharger etc I've seen pages on the web from ford manuals showing supercharger removal/re-fit etc thats the type I'm looking for

203Cree

Established Member
Hey Brit, just a thought. Make sure if you buy one of those DVD's you find out before hand if it will play in your region. We're region one here, and iirc, Europe is mostly region two.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Good point but I know when I was stationed overseas...a majority of the players sold in Europe will play any region unlike our stuff sold here.

203Cree

Established Member
I'D WIN said:
Good point but I know when I was stationed overseas...a majority of the players sold in Europe will play any region unlike our stuff sold here.

I didn't even think about that. But still would be a good idea to check and make sure b4 he spent the cash.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
SID297 said:
Yes they do, if you want you can have them send it to me and I'll ship it to you.
Hello mates
talk about helping your people out ,thats a very thoughtfull offer and one I will be gratefull to take you up on if I cant get someone to ship direct,
I have to say I had'nt thought about the dvd region points raised by 203Cree and I'D WIN good thinking chaps! :idea: so I'll first have to check if my p.c. dvd drive is multi region
if I need to get one shipped to you first SID297 I'll contact you by p.m. to sort it out,
finally I dont want this to sound like I'm "pissing up your backs" because thats not my style ,but since I bought this truck and have had contact with people in the U.S. ,forum members ,vendors etc I am constantly amazed by the sincerely helpfull nature of all you blokes, you are all a credit to your country.
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
SID297 said:
Hello Mates
just an up-date to let you know how I got on I contacted the bloke mentioned above through e-bay, and although the advertised dvd was no good for me he did have a manual on cd, we did the deal via e-mail and pay-pal and I recieved the cd today it was exactly what he described and he was a top geezer to deal with if anyone needs a manual give him a shout
a big thanks to SID297 for your kind offer and to everyone else who offered help on this one :beer: .
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread