Where can I find an underdrive alternator pulley for an '03 Mach 1?

DRK HRS

Established Member
I've been looking everywhere, but can't find shit for these Machs! Got a 15% overdrive crank pulley and dropped to a 3.2" Procharger pulley. I'll destroy the alt fast if I don't underdrive it. I'm looking for like a 2.75" to 3.00" for the alt. It's the 4G alternator, 6 ribs. Does anybody know if something like this is available?

DRK HRS

Established Member
I'd feel better if I did underdrive the alt, the car is still my daily for a while longer so reliable is good. I did find something I think, check this out though... this is weird, anybody know why this would be?

This pulley is a 2.5" at the ribs, same as stock so I don't want it: http://www.speedconcepts.net/product_info.php/products_id/1001
BUT this says it fits 96-01 Cobra, 2001 Bullitt, and 03-04 Mach 1.

Now this one is 2.95" at the ribs, which would be perfect: http://www.speedconcepts.net/product_info.php/products_id/980
But it says it fits 96-01 Cobra, 2001 Bullitt, but explicitly NOT the Mach 1. Anybody know why the heck it would fit the others and not the Mach?

Last edited:

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
Is the alternator different for 4vs vs 2vs? I installed the 15% IW pulley as well and have an OVERDRIVE alt pulley to install on the alternator, as the smaller pulley would rev faster and burn out the alternator. This is at least what I have been lead to believe.

DRK HRS

Established Member
Is the alternator different for 4vs vs 2vs? I installed the 15% IW pulley as well and have an OVERDRIVE alt pulley to install on the alternator, as the smaller pulley would rev faster and burn out the alternator. This is at least what I have been lead to believe.

The alternators are different, but overdrive means spinning faster (smaller pulley).

Users who are viewing this thread