when you turn on AC does fan come on

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
YES

All cars with electric fan turn it on as soon as you activate A/C

KILRSVT

Established Member
yes it is required to activate the fan to feed the condenser more air to provide cooling for the a/c system

Speed Demon

Established Member
YES

All cars with electric fan turn it on as soon as you activate A/C

Not necesarily, most cars are set up to turn on the low speed fan when the high side AC pressure hits around 225 psi and high speed fan @ 300 psi. Granted, on really hot day it wont take long to hit those pressures. It is set up that way so in colder weather, if your running AC with the heat, or running the defroster the fan doesn't come on when not needed to cool the condensor or the engine.:beer:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Yep, I shouldn't have been so absolute in my statement.

I thought the Mustangs low-speed fan runs whenever A/C is on and high-speed fan comes on between 310-340 psi :shrug:

Last edited:

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
well when its 90 degrees out side, and I turn the AC on high with no fan, It should have went on I drove it down the road then back and no fan then my cap burped, and it never did that. the gauge never went hot, but Im going to replace the fan. I cant believe the damn thing went out at 26000 miles.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
it sickens me at the quality control of the 03-04 cobras. in my GT ive never had any thing go bad on me for the 3 years that ive owned it. Still on the original fan

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
they might use the same fan, but the quality that goes into them might be different.

They don't build Cobras separately, so what you're proposing is impossible.

All Mustangs are built on the same line, intermingled with each other (and Mazdas....)
The Stangs use common part bins whenever possible.

Our high-capacity fan was used on all 4.6L Mustangs from '01 - '04
Supposedly, it puts out 3500 CFM on high

Last edited:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
mine went out about a month and a half ago. SO upon removal of the fan, i decided to install the 4lb lower that was sitting in the extra bedroom in my house. Dont go buy one from the local auto parts store. Go to ROCKAUTO.com. A whole fan assembly is 85 shipped to your door, local places are 150-200 plus tax!!!!Checked and the one that you get from Rockauto is the same brand as the one that you get from the store. Oh btw, my car burped etc, thought it was the fuse cuz it was blown, fan motor was bad, replaced it, and come to find out the fan was cracked too..... had to replace entire thing. Not too bad though. New fan is so quiet too.......

Users who are viewing this thread