When will the 13-14's be in the $45K range??

DNT H8

Established Member
Well the time has come to make a decision, throw $8-10K at the coyote or look for a 13-14 GT500? I see plenty of 11-12's in the 40's but I wont be satisfied with them... I made a promise to have a forced induction setup by my 35th BDay, which is in May. High 50's is just to much, high to mid 40's I can deal with. So when do you think it will happen? Do you think the S550 will play a roll in the future price?
:beer:

cobra199711

Established Member
Been looking too. Best price I've seen is 57k. I think next year about same time give or take a month, should see them in the low 50s- high forties. Of course mileage etc play a factor.

DNT H8

Established Member
ya your prob right, but May is around the corner : (

I did find one for 53K with low mileage but is was a base model... I gotta have atleast recaros if im spending that kinda cheddar lol.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I think you have a chance for a higher mile one, the new body style may make a few come up for sale for less but not having a new big dog for a while will have most owners hang on to their Shelby's. Some people may not care and upgrade but most Shelby people I doubt will downgrade to lower power and hang on to their beast, good luck with your search!

R1Lello

Established Member
it's a mass produced assembly line car, simple, it will depreciate........so be patient and you'll get your price

majmacv

Back in the Saddle
Established Member
I'm thinking a well-optioned '14 brings mid-high 40's in 5 years... if an '07 msrp'd for 45k, and currently brings roughly 33k from a dealer, then a 67k 14 could plausibly bring 48-49K 5-6 yrs hence, all things being equal...It's a rough estimate of course...I'm thinking 13/14's stabilize at 42-45K in 6-10 yrs, barring an economic catastrophe, etc. Subsequent models' success will also weigh heavily + or - on the aforementioned. FWIW..

DNT H8

Established Member
I'm thinking a well-optioned '14 brings mid-high 40's in 5 years... if an '07 msrp'd for 45k, and currently brings roughly 33k from a dealer, then a 67k 14 could plausibly bring 48-49K 5-6 yrs hence, all things being equal...It's a rough estimate of course...I'm thinking 13/14's stabilize at 42-45K in 6-10 yrs, barring an economic catastrophe, etc. Subsequent models' success will also weigh heavily + or - on the aforementioned. FWIW..
Okay... I like it... Solid review. And im not holding out that long lol voodoo

bullsvt9313

Established Member
I think what ford does with the new cars will play a big role in the price of the 13/14s. But you can not compare 07s to the 13/14s because production numbers. If you want forced air induction that bad get a turbo or supercharger for your 5.0 and wait until the price drops.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Use the search function. We discussed this at length maybe 90 days ago.

Edit: not hating.

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
My 13 I just picked up was $55,400. It had 3900 miles, PP, TP, electronics package, and Recaros. That was one of the best deals I had seen for the mileage so I made a move on it. It took a little negotiating though. I wanted to hold out until they were in the 40's but who knows when that will be? I thought about what was going on with the C6Z market. I paid $45k for mine over 2 years ago and was still able to sell it for $42k last month.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

good solid info here

lsp408

Established Member
It would be nice to find one that cheap. I even thought about trade in my 12 for base 14 with retardo. But that still $57000 msrp

97StangSVT

Established Member
I saw a red with white stripe 2013 on eBay a few weeks ago, it had all the options minus the glass roof, had 5-7k miles (don't exactly remember), and it sold for 51k I believe. Dealers still wanting MSRP for these cars are crazy. I am in the same boat as you. I will wait a while before picking one up.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Once the next SVT version of the next gen comes out with a TT coyote.

Remember that Ford inked a huge deal (400 M) as I recall with DuPont over a year ago to develop a low cost lightweight carbon fiber like alternative with the goal of dropping significant weight and improving gas mileage.

If that delivers significant weight savings with a TT option I see the 13-14 dropping into or below that range.

A 3100-3200lb 600 BHP SVT cobra with IRS....sign me up.

This is in no way to diminish the 13/14. I wish I had one.

USV8PWR

Established Member

I'm going to disagree and say that the 07 is not a solid car to compare to. For starters they built more 07's than they built of the 13&14 years combined! And then Ford continued to build basically the same car for MY 08 & 09 so there are thousands more of that 500HP car than there is of the 5.8L 662HP. Which then there is the fact that Ford kept making the GT500 better, first with the updates in 2010, then again in 2011 and ultimately with the 13. So now everyone wants a 2013/2014 car. Unlike what Chevy did with their ZO6, Ford continued to make real updates to the GT500. The early Shelbys depreciated a large part to overproduction and significant updates to the current model. Neither of those will apply to the 13/14 cars. They weren't overproduced new and no matter how better the S550 is it won't be anything like the 13/14.

OP, as stated your best bet will be a high mileage one, a modified one and/or wrecked one, or someone who took on a $500 to $1000 payment and is desperate to sale. I'd be willing to sale mine for about twice what I paid for it. And I don't think I'm alone there. No way am I letting go of this amazing car!

Keep your eye out for that killer deal that comes along and be ready to act right then and you will find a car. But don't expect to find many 13/14's that low, well ones you'd want anyway. ;)

it's a mass produced assembly line car, simple, it will depreciate........so be patient and you'll get your price

Unlike a Z06, Ford started building the 13/14 cars based on a complex allocation system. This spread the roughly 5k per year units produced across the US and prevented dealers in larger cities from over ordering them. Chevrolet could learn a thing or two from this. As well as how not to build 28 to 29K of essentially the same 505HP car to where folks like me wouldn't buy a new one when you could save thousands by buying a 3 or 4 year older of the same car, fancy shocks notwithstanding.

Once the next SVT version of the next gen comes out with a TT coyote.

Remember that Ford inked a huge deal (400 M) as I recall with DuPont over a year ago to develop a low cost lightweight carbon fiber like alternative with the goal of dropping significant weight and improving gas mileage.

If that delivers significant weight savings with a TT option I see the 13-14 dropping into or below that range.

A 3100-3200lb 600 BHP SVT cobra with IRS....sign me up.

This is in no way to diminish the 13/14. I wish I had one.

A 3100 to 3200 4 seater Mustang with 600HP and today's technology and saftey requirements is a pipe dream my friend. If Chevrolet couldn't shed weight with the new C7 and get it down that far for their 2 seater sports car Ford's best attempt will likely be 3600 for their top end pony model. And as I've said several times in other threads, to reduce weight the S550 as we know will be much smaller and narrower all the way around. Which will inevitably lead to the same size, or even skinner tires which equals less traction. And the aero may be somewhat better but not as good as a Viper or Vette. The new car will likely handle like its on rails, but it won't be any quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread