When will MB "Weapons" be available

chknhwk

I'd love any pics you might have as well. I'm seriously contemplating these now that I've spent most of my wheel money on a supercharger. :D

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I'm getting the Avons moounted on them in sometime next week. I have to go to where the car is stored to put on some street rubber I replaced, so perhaps I can roll the car out slap two Weapons on there and snap some pics before putting the street rubber on.

TroyV

Established Member
Here's a crappy picture I took with my phone..

weapon.jpg

I'm afraid I won't have shots with them on the car for some time. Some folks think I went a little ricey by picking the bronze....but once the brake dust gets on there...they'll be completely black and it won't matter. ;)

TroyV

Established Member
FYI I weighed them with the tires mounted. These are Avon Tech R's in 275/40/17.

The weight was 45 pounds. Just for giggles I weighed one of my 03 Chrome wheels with a stock Goodyear F1 mounted. That weighed 53 pounds. :)

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
Wow, they actually don't look half bad. :beer:

Do they offer these in any other color besides bronze? Last time I had bronze wheels photoshopped on to my car, they didn't look right.

Chris@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
WTF said:
Wow, they actually don't look half bad. :beer:

Do they offer these in any other color besides bronze? Last time I had bronze wheels photoshopped on to my car, they didn't look right.

Gunmetal. :)

mbmwea.gm.ang.jpg

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
Once the brake dust gets on them, you almost can't tell the difference. I have a buddy that runs these that picked up additional MB's in bronze because the stock was out on the gun metals at the time. I have seen both colors mounted to the car at the same time. from a distance and with the brake dust, they are very close..

SGL

Banned
TroyV,

do you run coil-overs?

I like these wheels and I need a set of wheels for my Avons also but don't know if they would clear Maximum Motorsport's 10" coil-overs. I can't run 8" springs. Chris@DTD any comments?

BTW, I'm not too fond of the Konig Villain. They may work well for MM, but they are ugly. I still need to get around the track in style. LOL. :thumbsup:

***edited for stupid question*****

Last edited by a moderator:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Chris, Thanks for the deal. They will be arriving Monday. It will be nice running them down at Sebring. I can't wait to try those Falken Azenis RT-615s in the corners! The Weaons ought to add a nice look too!

TroyV

Established Member
Agreed.. the RT615 is one of the best kept tire secrets out there. Everyone I know running mustangs in the street tire classes here are running those tires. I'm mounting a set on my chromies over this coming weekend.

I don't have coil overs installed presently. To tell you the truth, I'm a little nervous about the fronts rubbing. It looks like the increase in track width is a bit more than I expected. My CC plates are all the way out (1.5 degrees negative) though, so I'm hoping that the plates set to max negative camber (2.5-2.7 degrees) at events, plus the 2" fender clearance (steeda comp 850-1050lbs) with the stock isolators installed will clear the tire. If it doesn't, I'll either be forced to run a smaller front tire, or sell the wheels. The car is too new to be rolling the fenders..

Last edited:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If I have real problems I may use the stock wheels for the road courses and the MBs for street use. I will just remount the RTs to the stock wheels if I have any fitment problems.

TroyV

Established Member
I assume you got the +17's as well? The +24's would have been perfect. I didn't even consider that there might be a fit problem up front. I wanted the wider track width for the rear.

I'm a little bummed out. I have another set of 95 R's I can use, but I really wanted these for the track. I have a garage day coming up on the 1st with some of my SVTOA chapter buddies and I'm going to try pulling one of the front springs and moving the wheel through its possible positions to see if it is really a problem. It looks like it is going to rub.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
TroyV said:
I assume you got the +17's as well? The +24's would have been perfect. I didn't even consider that there might be a fit problem up front. I wanted the wider track width for the rear.

I'm a little bummed out. I have another set of 95 R's I can use, but I really wanted these for the track. I have a garage day coming up on the 1st with some of my SVTOA chapter buddies and I'm going to try pulling one of the front springs and moving the wheel through its possible positions to see if it is really a problem. It looks like it is going to rub.
Chris said there is not a huge difference in the backsacing. I have the Steeda lowering comp springs so I may not be in too bad a shape. I had the car set up for 10.5s out backand that should be no problem at all.

TroyV

Established Member
The rears should be no problem at all... There is plenty of wheel well to fill up back there!! :) Too bad the MB's don't come in a 10.5! :(

SGL

Banned
TroyV said:
The rears should be no problem at all... There is plenty of wheel well to fill up back there!! :) Too bad the MB's don't come in a 10.5! :(

Actually 9.5" all around would be perfect. 275 on 9" is a little tight.

TroyV

Established Member
It's the stock size on the 03 Cobra 9" It doesn't seem like a unreasonable fit. The Avons definitely are a little bigger then I anticipated.. The V710's are visibly smaller. But I had the avon on the MB side by side with the stock F1 on the 03 chrome and they are the same relative height and width.

Users who are viewing this thread