When used R's go on Sale buyer beware!!!

Lemers

Established Member
Obviously this hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will.

I foresee when it's time for someone to sell their coveted R model GT350. They replace the ultra expensive carbon fiber parts like the rims and rear spoiler with cheap replacement parts. They will rightful advertise it as an R, but I'm sure they will neglect to inform the buyer that not all the original parts are included.

I hope potential used R buyers will understand what really makes the R the R.

Para81

Established Member
I would be more concerned about an R that has been wrecked on a track (no insurance), chopped in half, fixed up, "Clean Carfax" SOLD!

Lemers

Established Member
If s buyer can't tell the difference, they shouldn't be looking at one.

You're right the buyer does have responsibility to know what he is buying, but an R will have a VIN identifying it as as an R regardless if the CF rims are there or not.

I wonder how many R's will be bought the rims sold off then the car is sold as an "R"?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You're right the buyer does have responsibility to know what he is buying, but an R will have a VIN identifying it as as an R regardless if the CF rims are there or not.

I wonder how many R's will be bought the rims sold off then the car is sold as an "R"?

I mean. It's still an R. Just without the wheels that came on an R

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I am about as cynical as they come and I don't fore see this to be a major issue. I don't think there will be a rash of deceitful people out there that will knowingly cheat someone like this. Sure there may be a few and as others have stated its true with buying anything used.

You have to know what you are looking for/at. I've had this same discussion with my brother about buying used guns, cars, houses, cloths, motorcycles, computers, etc. I have no issues buying used as it saves me a LOT of money and I'm an educated buyer on the products I'm interested in. This is another car I will wait for it to be out on the used market to pick up. I've only bought 2 cars new. My wife's 500 and my BIW CJ(don't think that counts). My wife before we got together and her family always bought new. They are not exactly car savy so it makes some what sense to have been that way. Now they have found how much money there is to be saved by buying gently used cars and I get to scope them out and give the thumbs up or down and negotiate for them.

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
This issue is more of a problem in the collector car world. Rare car wins a bunch of awards, sold as having scored so many points, then the rare NOS stuff is removed and replaced with reproduction stuff before sale. In some cases, guys loan out parts so a car can get an award. Car is then sold without the borrowed parts obviously.

b52man

Banned
My My, "Chris!" finds this hilarious. Why does this twarp feel he needs to come to the rescue any time another member here has something negative to say about the retail car business which we all know is polluted with unethical people. Chris is a greaseball car salesman himself or more correctly he used to be, couldn't even cut it there. Even more amazing when you consider the fact that you can sell cars without a high school education. LOL!. He declares himself a "former Ford Dealer", what dealer did "Chris!" own. Funny we have never heard any info in that regard. The man is nothing more than a loser, grease ball with a very bad, bitter attitude. Thumb through his posts, what a stupid, narcissistic piece of crap. Don't believe a word he says.

Zemedici

Established Member
My My, "Chris!" finds this hilarious. Why does this twarp feel he needs to come to the rescue any time another member here has something negative to say about the retail car business which we all know is polluted with unethical people. Chris is a greaseball car salesman himself or more correctly he used to be, couldn't even cut it there. Even more amazing when you consider the fact that you can sell cars without a high school education. LOL!. He declares himself a "former Ford Dealer", what dealer did "Chris!" own. Funny we have never heard any info in that regard. The man is nothing more than a loser, grease ball with a very bad, bitter attitude. Thumb through his posts, what a stupid, narcissistic piece of crap. Don't believe a word he says.

excellent first post, sir.

Your visit here will be short lived, I imagine.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Lol he is hilarious. And oh so wrong about me. I've helped so many people on this forum, but because I come from a car dealership background, I'm a slime ball. Just because I have more education in this area, and have buried him soooo many times over the years.

It's funny really. But loves me so much he has made atleast 5 or 6 new names to come back

I hardly post anymore, yet he still seeks me out.

Bro, I'm not gay. Stop trying to ride my jock.

Users who are viewing this thread