when to do imrc's

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
at what point in your modding would this be the next step? i have done the gears-4.10's longtubes,h-pipe and exhaust,underdrive pullies(steeda) mgw shifter, c&L cold air intake and a dyno tune+chip. are the imrc's next? don't want to do something to hurt the performance. thanks guys:beer:

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
i might live in the sticks,but i'm lucky enough to live about ten miles from the only dyno in the area. car was tuned when i added the cold air kit and before i added the exhaust which i'm still in the process of finishing. i will get it tuned when the exhaust is done and after any other major mods i'll have it done again! so back to my original question, am i at the point where deleteing the imrc's would be the next logical step?:shrug:

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
do it, as soon as any one buy a sn95 cobra they should ditch the imrc's and get a tune. bottom line they are junk!

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
I've read alot mixed things about this mod, that its a great way to get the engine running better, and that its nothing but problems. Could someone clarify both of these arguments for the sake of me and the OP?

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
I've read alot mixed things about this mod, that its a great way to get the engine running better, and that its nothing but problems. Could someone clarify both of these arguments for the sake of me and the OP?

i'd like to second that!!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
It's all in the tune.

I know of no one that has had problems after deleting IMRC and getting a good tune.

As for the reduced torque in the low and mid-range, once again, it's all in the tune. Some tuners will just turn of the IMRCs and do nothing else. Timing must be added below 3250rpm, torque/power will suffer if it's not added.

This goes the same for short runner intakes also, fail to add timing down low and torque/power in the low/mid range will suffer.

Users who are viewing this thread