When to Buy Car Trailer

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
A higher GVW trailer will have heavier duty axles, larger wheel bearings etc. A bearing working at 50% duty will last longer than a bearing at 75% +.

I have 2 enclosed trailers (24 and 44) both have front to back e track, allowing 3 point over the wheel tie downs. I would never consider anything else now (ive done axle straps, through the wheel etc)

I did this same thing for my car hauler, I didn't do it front to back but I did it in 4 different spots where the tires sit and have e-track on the walls (enclosed) for holding stuff.

I would recommend installing e-track, it makes your life so much easier and the straps don't loosen up nearly as much during transport. Harbor Freight does sell it, but in my case it was more expensive than a local trailer store and wasn't powdercoated.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I don't have a whole lot to add that hasn't been already posted but I'll say this just for reference. I have a Big Tex 8'x16' utility trailer and my sons 1994 Cobra and his 2002 Xterra fit on the deck nicely. Just in case you find a killer deal on an 18'car trailer.
And if you're getting new spend the money and upgrade to truck tires.

Users who are viewing this thread