When to beat on the snake....

svtshadow

Banned
With summer temperatures coming, at what temperatures should I drive WOT ie AIT2s and coolant temps?
Looking to do a complete 4 gear WOT with I have never done before.

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
Do NOT go into 5th or 6th and WOT it, your piston's will not like it and bye bye engine, stay in 4th. Just get it warmed up a little and when your done baby it and crank the heat.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
My wife caught me beating on my snake.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
She was driving the opposite direction - whatever do you mean?;-)

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
With summer temperatures coming, at what temperatures should I drive WOT ie AIT2s and coolant temps?
Looking to do a complete 4 gear WOT with I have never done before.

Let's try again please.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'm suprised you even asked this based on your smack down threads it seems you know when to unleash your snake lol.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do NOT go into 5th or 6th and WOT it, your piston's will not like it and bye bye engine, stay in 4th. Just get it warmed up a little and when your done baby it and crank the heat.

I never thought about cranking up the heat afterwards, does this really do any good?

MattACK

Established Member
No need to turn on the heat. Only reason to do that is if you're overheating or you enjoy sauna like temps, and if you're overheating you shouldn't be doing WOT pulls at all.

I wouldn't do any hard pulls if you've been sitting in stop and go traffic and/or car is heatsoaked. I'd back out if charge temps get above 180.

svtshadow

Banned

To re-phrase the question, what temps do my AIT2s and ECT need to be at in order for me to punch the gas pedal into WOT?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I can't tell you what IAT temps should be at to avoid WOT pulls, but if it's above 90* and humid I don't go crazy with aggressive driving. I may do a WOT pull or two and let the car cool down good and do it again, but the closer to temps rise further into the 90s and the humidity we have I just wait for the sun to go down and for the temp to drop.

greenflash00

Established Member
tumblr_m5ob0e8kqQ1qz6f4b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread