Votes: 6 11.8%
  • your present car and every relatives car

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • you dont have a car but your cousin lets you look at his 03 Cobra

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

nj7703

Established Member
Sigs are personal expressions. If they anoy people online because they are too long, you are probably a chatty anoying person in real life too. :-D A sig can be anything, i think we have to be respectful of the owners bandwidth too, not clutter it with huge pics. I think sigs are not as bad as the usless polls that seem to pop up. What's next, polls on the lengh of the biggest turd you ever made? polls on the popularity of polls?

Last edited:

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
A sig can be anything, i think we have to be respectful of the owners bandwidth too, not clutter it with huge pics.

Well a sig that takes any viewer half the page just to read the next thread is a little ridiculous IMO too, you should be respectful of other people using the boards, especially dial up users. Glad I'm not a dial up though :)

Originally posted by nj7703
Sigs are personal expressions. If they anoy people online because they are too long, you are probably a chatty anoying person in real life too. :-D A sig can be anything, i think we have to be respectful of the owners bandwidth too, not clutter it with huge pics. I think sigs are not as bad as the usless polls that seem to pop up. What's next, polls on the lengh of the biggest turd you ever made? polls on the popularity of polls?

Somewhere between 18-24 inches. Seriously. No sh*t. Well, actually, 18-24 inches of...ahhh nevermind.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Sailing2Smth
Are we cutting sigs b/c of bandwith issues?:shrug:

Nothing has been said officially, just meant that the more flash goes in there, and the larger the file, it could clutter up the server. They already had to flush out all the attatchments once, just would hate to see the site bog down. I for sure am no spokesman or know shit about it officially, just an observation :)

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Well then why don't some of you people or whoever use the quick reply and only use the post reply when you want to attach something.:shrug:

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
If you have 5+ mods and have not yet hit low 12's its too long.

Sell 4 of the mods and install nitrous to shorten your sig.

Damn everytime Svthorsnake posts it becomes a page.

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by Rearpl8tsinsite
If you have 5+ mods and have not yet hit low 12's its too long.

Sell 4 of the mods and install nitrous to shorten your sig.

Damn everytime Svthorsnake posts it becomes a page.
:lol:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I think it's the pics in the sigs that slowdown the page load time.

I use Opera as my surfing browser and it shows me the attachment #s as it loads them. Some threads have 60-70 attachments, most of them in the sigs. They really slow down the page loading.

Long sigs of any kind make me lose interest and I skim over them.

I would prefer links to pics to speed up the page loading. If I want to see someone's stuff, I can click the link. The text doesn't slow down the page nearly as much as the attachments. You all know who you are... :-D

Users who are viewing this thread