When does Ford Begin accepting orders for 2008 GT500's?

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I KNOW THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE, BUT I DIDN'T SEE AN ANSWER. IF NO ONE KNOWS BECAUSE FORD DOES IT AT DIFFERENT TIMES EVERY YEAR, THEN I APOLOGIZE FOR ASKING AGAIN. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I'VE JUST BEEN TOLD BY A DEALERSHIP THAT THEY'LL ORDER ME ONE AT MSRP. THIS WAS ONLY OVER THE PHONE THOUGH. I'LL BE TAKING A DRIVE ON MONDAY TO VERIFY, BUT I WAS VERY CLEAR IN MY QUESTIONING TO BE SURE THE SALESPERSON KNEW WHAT VEHICLE I WAS REFERRING TO. WE'LL SEE. THANKS ALOT GUYS FOR THE HELP. (OH, SORRY FOR THE CAPS TOO, I DIDN'T REALIZE IT UNTIL I TYPED ALOT OF IT.):beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i would think sometime in may, with a production beginning late july early august. someone will the know the exact dates. did they say what allotment you will be?

chuck why dont you put in an order as well? its fairly close assuming the dealer is in pennsylvania.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
The dealer told me that I could order my 07 shelby and I would get it for sticker. Then When I went in to order the car with what options, and color I wanted and leave my down payment. they sprung it up on me about mark-up. They (Bob Poynter Ford) VERBALY agreed to sell the car to me for sticker. They recieved another offer from another Ford dealer for 10K over. This is not the first dealer that has done this. GET IT IN WRITING.!!!!!!!!!! FOR MSRP!!!!! I may buy one if I find one that will sell to me for X-plan. I wont do it for any more then that. dealers have already made to much money of them. look to be able to order an 08 about august september. and the 2nd run of 07s now.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I'm not getting my hopes up until I visit the dealership and get it in writing. Even if I get it in writing, I still won't be getting my hopes up. We'll see.....
Oh, and thanks for the help guys.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
badsube said:
I'm not getting my hopes up until I visit the dealership and get it in writing. Even if I get it in writing, I still won't be getting my hopes up. We'll see.....
Don't get down on it yet. Some dealers are selling their '08s for MSRP.

Last year the order banks opened in MArch. I don't remember the exact date. 1-800-FordSVT told me they were planning for March several weeks ago. Job one was in June last year and SVT also said they were planning June this year. I have not called them in a long time, so the word may have changed.

I am getting my '08 for MSRP (thanks Tim). I know of others that are also. As FL8 said above, get it in writing.

bluestreak89

Established Member
badsube said:

If it's in writing you can sue if they dont uphold and get lots of money, about 7 years ago I bought a Yukon Denali (the old boxy looking type), I didnt want it because I knew the new body style was coming out. They wanted to unload it really bad so they agreed that if I bought it they would trade up the next year for no charge and all I had to pay was the taxes on the cost difference from my brand new one to the next brand new one. I had them put it in writing and sent straight to my lawyer to read over.

Well needless to say I showed up at the dealership about 1 year later asking for my new truck, the salesman was still there but the manager that made the deal had gotten fired, the salesman tried to act like he didnt remember what the deal was, I called my lawyer and had a new truck the next day. Get it in writing, you have power there and with it being a major dealership you can sue FORD MOTOR COMPANY, and all the managers know they will get fired for something like that so you would get a car at MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread