when do you need a camber kit up front with a slight drop? and a few other q's

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
I am getting eibach drop springs and im taking out the iso's.....do i need a camber kit or just get a regular alignment? also besides cutting the bump stop the factory shocks should hold up im asuming..........also with the rear shackles will the truck bottom out more? like how much does it take away from the travel? also shock extenders and drop shock should not be needed either i think.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
You need cam bolts as soon as you drive these L's.
Yes get the cam bolts so the alignment can be adjusted properly.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i did a lil searching b/c i need cam bolts and found this:

Camber Bolts- F65Z-3B236-BB
Camber Washers- F65Z-3C178-AA
Camber Nuts- N805480-S441

you can get these from a local ford dealership and you will need 4 of each.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I also still need a camber kit for mine! I'm not sure what to buy or where to find it cheapest. I need it ASAP though before my tires start to wear a bad pattern...AGAIN.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I also still need a camber kit for mine! I'm not sure what to buy or where to find it cheapest. I need it ASAP though before my tires start to wear a bad pattern...AGAIN.

look at the post just above yours... take those part numbers to a local ford dealership and have them order 4 of each.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
look at the post just above yours... take those part numbers to a local ford dealership and have them order 4 of each.
The Ford camber kit is the highest quality kit you can get.... but they're definitely not the cheapest.
Expect to spend a C-note on the parts by the time you're done.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
The Ford camber kit is the highest quality kit you can get.... but they're definitely not the cheapest.
Expect to spend a C-note on the parts by the time you're done.

fordsvtparts on here can get them cheaper, i actually just asked for a quote and got this...

Camber Bolts- F65Z-3B236-BB 9.50ea
Camber Washers- F65Z-3C178-AA 6.59ea
Camber Nuts- N805480-S441 2.48ea

remember to add in shipping and that you need 4 of each.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
well who has a slight drop and no camber kit?

i have a eibach kit on my truck and the inner tires are worn the hell out, i wouldnt drop it w/o cam bolts if you have the cash to spend on them. if you dont have the cash then just be prepaired like to dish out money for some tires like me.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
fordsvtparts on here can get them cheaper, i actually just asked for a quote and got this...

Camber Bolts- F65Z-3B236-BB 9.50ea
Camber Washers- F65Z-3C178-AA 6.59ea
Camber Nuts- N805480-S441 2.48ea

remember to add in shipping and that you need 4 of each.

I did the same thing, Im getting these soon. with my new drop which it will be 4/5 drop, im defanetly getting these.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
How much in the rear are you going? Like my previous post I got the shock extenders, new rear shocks and hangers. Up front Im putting spindles, new shocks, and soon the camber kit.

mmlx89

Established Member
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to tell if the truck already has these bolts? I just bought a Lightning yesterday that has a 2-4 eibach kit on it.

Stewie 03

Established Member
well who has a slight drop and no camber kit?

Disclaimer: I am not recommending the following course of action for others with mild/moderate drops....

My drop is in my sig and I have no camber kit installed. I purchased the NAPA camber kit (which I realize is inferior to the Ford kit) and have kept a keen eye on my tires and, knock on wood, all has been well for nearly 20k miles. I have owned the truck for over 4 years (23k mi.) and I put Toyo Proxes on all around after the POS F1's took a dump with 16k miles on the clock.

Bottom line is I have been and continue to be prepared to install a camber kit should I see any improper tie wear. Either way when an alignment becomes necessary I will throw it on beforehand.

Last edited:

Lightninglee

Lightninglee
Established Member
So what drop setup looks and rides the best and does dropping the L down mess with the handling in the rear as in hooking up and the angle of the driveshaft

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Disclaimer: I am not recommending the following course of action for others with mild/moderate drops....

My drop is in my sig and I have no camber kit installed. I purchased the NAPA camber kit (which I realize is inferior to the Ford kit) and have kept a keen eye on my tires and, knock on wood, all has been well for nearly 20k miles. I have owned the truck for over 4 years (23k mi.) and I put Toyo Proxes on all around after the POS F1's took a dump with 16k miles on the clock.

Bottom line is I have been and continue to be prepared to install a camber kit should I see any improper tie wear. Either way when an alignment becomes necessary I will throw it on beforehand.

Woah! So the NAPA camber kit isn't good or what?? I was about to call them and see how much they wanted because I need to do both sides asap but I'm looking for something cheap. How much did you get quoted or purchase them for?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to tell if the truck already has these bolts? I just bought a Lightning yesterday that has a 2-4 eibach kit on it.

Yes, look at where the upper control arms are bolted to the frame. If you have cam bolts you will see what look like off centered washers (cam) on each end of the bolt. If you see rectangle shape washers on the end of the bolts you have a stock bolts with shims.

Users who are viewing this thread