When are the Canadian GT500's arriving?

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
I just wanted to know if anyone has confirmation on when the Canadian cars wil be coming in. I know that there has been talk that it is illegal to sell over MSRP in Canada, but it sounds like it is happening anyways. Does anyone with a confirmed Shelby want to post what they are getting their car for??

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
there was already one in my dealership two weeks ago. donway ford in toronto. sorry to say i'm paying 5k over invoice.

freakshow12

Established Member
on tuesday I had a look at the first saskatchewan car. red/white coupe. 25 over sticker I was told. hammering out a deal on my own right now. that car was 3 weeks late and they dont know when the 2nd is coming. they have 15 total alloted and 13 are sold (if nobody backs out)

MD03SVT

Established Member
I was lucky enough to ge my Grabber Orange vert on august 1st & love the car .I can't wait to try it on the strip next weekend at the J&P shoutout in toronto.Here in montreal we have 2 SVT dealers & all the 07's are sold and the going price seems to be around sticker + 20000$ - 30000$ I heard of a guy that paid +50000$ to get one through an ontario dealer but it hasn't been confirmed.

MD03SVT

Established Member
That's the 1, & I will be in drummondville tommorow for the local mustang club's show at tradtion ford.;-)

I just realized who you were my friend ,I was the other 2000 Cobra R there last year.

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
A dealership in Toronto has had 2 in already. The owner has claimed they are getting 12 or 13 (I can't remember). At this time they are selling at a $15,000 mark up.

03snakerush

Established Member
SVTkel said:
A dealership in Toronto has had 2 in already. The owner has claimed they are getting 12 or 13 (I can't remember). At this time they are selling at a $15,000 mark up.

How are Canadian dealers getting so many units? Every dealer I talk to here in the Bay Area, (Ca.) says they are only getting 3-4 units max. Possible sales lies??........Just wondering....

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
The 07 MY cars in CANADA are being sold through the past SVT dealers.(27 I believe). At approx 15 cars per dealer, thats the 400 cars that were allocated to Canadian sales. The word is that next year they will be going to the American model of available to every dealership.(which is looking more and more like a mistake IMO)

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
JETSOLVER said:
The 07 MY cars in CANADA are being sold through the past SVT dealers.(27 I believe). At approx 15 cars per dealer, thats the 400 cars that were allocated to Canadian sales. The word is that next year they will be going to the American model of available to every dealership.(which is looking more and more like a mistake IMO)

Bingo. That's exactly what the SVT dealer told me ~ 400 units for Canada this year. We know this owner real well and he has no need to BS us. Apparently he has 20+ guys phoning and begging to buy one. He did say he felt a bit odd selling them for so much more than list, but people just want them so bad.

Then we talked about how the 04 Cobra's went (demand dropped; incentives etc etc ) and what should happen as the next years GT500 model comes out.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
SVTkel said:
Then we talked about how the 04 Cobra's went (demand dropped; incentives etc etc ) and what should happen as the next years GT500 model comes out.
Did you ask him how things might be if he has 30 cars in the next say 16 months to deal with? As you can only enjoy a car like this up here for say 7-8 months a year, it sort of puts ADM's in a different light. And as production deliveries are slow, I'll bet more than a few are going to take up valuable 4/AWD showroom space come Dec. Problem solved. Ford sells GT500's, dealer moves GT500 for a pretty good MSRP built in markup, and customer doesn't get shafted with a me first premium. And I submit that for a change everyone in the transaction is satisfied, as opposed to PO, uncomfortable, or in Fords case, looking at some potential bad PR. And they are thinking about changing that. Nice:rollseyes

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
JETSOLVER said:
Did you ask him how things might be if he has 30 cars in the next say 16 months to deal with? As you can only enjoy a car like this up here for say 7-8 months a year, it sort of puts ADM's in a different light. And as production deliveries are slow, I'll bet more than a few are going to take up valuable 4/AWD showroom space come Dec. Problem solved. Ford sells GT500's, dealer moves GT500 for a pretty good MSRP built in markup, and customer doesn't get shafted with a me first premium. And I submit that for a change everyone in the transaction is satisfied, as opposed to PO, uncomfortable, or in Fords case, looking at some potential bad PR. And they are thinking about changing that. Nice:rollseyes

No we never talked about what and when he is getting the next years model. I even wonder when he is getting the rest in b/c once upon atime he said they should be getting one per week. So far it has been more like 1 car every 3 weeks. But that is a good point b/c he has very little showroom space. My guess is he try and get Ford to sit on the orders until spring?:shrug: Although with all the fuss about the car, it won't matter to some people to get their car in December?

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
I talked to two dealers in Calgary today. They are both selling their GT500 on orders only and will not be showing any of them in their showrooms. The one dealer told me that they will not take an order for less than $80,000 CDN, and when I mentioned the $52,000 MSRP, they told me too bad and good luck getting one for that. I know it is pretty cool to be the first on the block with a new car, but how are the people paying $30,000 over MSRP going to feel when the price comes down to MSRP or less next year? It seems to me like we will have a repeat of the 03/04 Cobra and Mach overstock and will hopefully see prices come in line very soon. When I originally looked for a Mach1 when they first came out in 2003, 3 dealers I went to were asking for a minimum $5,000 over MSRP. I waited until December of 2003 and found one at $1,000 over invoice and at 0% financing.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
With the slow downs in the deliveries to Canada, I wouldn't be too shocked to still see a hefty mark up next year also. However, with the success of this car there will be more GT500's or something in the same league coming right behind it.

scgt500

Established Member
Getting one out of southern Alberta and paying 7k over msrp and alot more guys paying much higher , alot of ADM happening hear in Canada also.....

scgt500

Established Member
There are only 27 SVT dealers in Canadian , only SVT dealers can sell them.....a total of about 325 shelbys for 2007 production year.....

Last edited:

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
Does anyone know what total number of Cobras came to Canada in 03 & 04? I think that the total production for the Shelby will be compaerable to what was produced each year for the Cobra, and we didn't seem top have too many issues getting those. I was under the understanding that Canada usually get 10% of production on any specialty vehicle from Ford, so why are we getting short changed on the number of GT500's? If the dealers could get more, than maybe the price would adjust quicker back to reality.

Users who are viewing this thread