Votes: 21 34.4%
  • other

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
pick my next wheels or leave it stock?

new mods about to add also are a LS spoiler and mabey a world challenge or mrt splitter

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I happen to like the stock wheels... maybe add some small spacers to give them a more aggressive look.

86Fbody

Established Member
Take a look at the TSW Nurburgring RF's, they are similar to several other wheels such as the 302S BBS's but they are half the price and just as light.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
IMO the stock wheels only look decent on the red or CO Bosses. The 302S wheels, similar to the LS wheels, look killer on PW.

112792d1339972624-cosmetic-mods-trying-few-new-things-boss-side-view-test.jpg

Last edited:

GarageLogic

Established Member
I hate the stock wheels on my PW Boss. I'm looking to switch them out for something else in the next couple of weeks.

Grant808

Established Member
I voted the LS wheels...look great on PW. Loved them on the Track Attack cars.

Any chance you kept the GT500s from your GT? I think those would look good too.

legos_mustang

Established Member
I would vote for stock... simply because if you get the LS wheels, your car is going to end up looking exactly like mine... which I think looks so awesome, I'd like as few on the road looking like mine as possible. :banana:

I originally had the LS wheels on my 2012 GT. They look really great (as you can see from some of the other Performance White Boss cars here). I've had the wheels a little over a year; they are easy to clean and hold up quite well. The only problem I've had with any of them was hitting a curb accidentally, which I was still able to buff out most of the damage. The only comment I would add is if I had to do it again, I may have selected a different wheel. It all depends on what you want to do with your Boss. If you are looking at performance over looks, you may want to look at a lighter wheel as these LS wheels are extremely heavy (especially the rear wheels which are close to 33 lbs). If you want to stay 19" you could look at Forgestar CF5's or F14s which are considerable lighter (and still look really good on the PW Boss) and will reduce your unsprung weight significantly. You can use 18" or 20" as well as you now start to get some better option for tires if you intend to road race. I had some Enkei Racing PF01 18"x10.5" wheels that with tires were over 13 lbs lighter at each corner than the stock 19" Brembo wheels & tire. It made a noticeable performance difference with the acceleration and handling of my GT.

I already have a bunch of mods... I installed the MMD Bolt on Hood Strut kit, The others are sitting in my shed just waiting to bt installed: Tiger Racing Fiberglass hood, LS rear spoiler, MGW shifter, MTL Redline, Goodyear SS brake lines. Motul RBF600 fluid, Steeda Boss Springs, Koni yellow dampers, MM Camber/Caster Plate set, BMR Panhard Bar, J&M Extreme lower control arms with Relocation Brackets.

Unfortunately, I have pretty severe rheumatoid arthritis that's progressed much further than I really had realized. Last year I was still capable of installing most of this stuff myself. Now... well it's pretty sad when putting in the MMD bolt on Hood Strut Kit (which involves removing and reusing 4 10mm bolts and loosening and re-tightening 2 more... maybe a 15 minute job that turned into a 2 day, 4+ hour job with my hands and back on ice the rest of the weekend. Looks like I'm going to have to get some help with the others. If anyone knows a shop or someone good in Tucson that does good work for a reasonable rate (or maybe even just slightly unreasonable rate) - PM me please.... I'd appreciate it.

Sorry - Didn't mean to go off topic.... BL - The LS wheels look awesome on the Performance White Boss. I've received lots of complements.

Cheers
Lego
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Boss 302 #2351

NewWheelssmall.gif

Users who are viewing this thread