wheels advice for 2011 GT500 SVTPP

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
Hi fellow members,

I am thinking of getting the 19x10 svtpp wheels that ford racing sells so i can put wider tires. I want to know if it will be ok to have my stock front 19x9.5 svtpp wheels and the 19x10 i mentioned at the back instead of the 20x9.5 svtpp stock wheels?

Here is a link of the wheels am talking about : Ford Racing Performance Parts

I'd appreciate any advice or tips you may have.

Thanks and happy holidays!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You won't gain much in terms of being able to go with more rubber by using a wheel that is only 1/2" wider than stock. Just take a look at what Nitto recommends - even a 305 would be too much.

Nitto Tire - High Performance Tires for Car and Truck Enthusiasts

I'd either send the 20" wheels you already have to be widened, or buy a pair of the 19" x 10" rims and send them out. You'll need at least 10.5" wide with the factory 20" rim out back in order to move to a 305 or a 315. With 11" on a 19" rim you could make it to a 325...

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
HA. I was literally just about to start this thread. Thanks M. I was on the phone with ForgeStar yesterday (M - same people that made my gold wheels on the C63), and they've been sending out 20x11s for our rears with 20x9 in the front. I'm going to step down to 10.5 in the back to stay far away from any rubbing issues, but I'm definitely going 20" because there are plenty of tire sizes available in that diameter.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Giggity.

main.jpg

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i have 19x11's there just arent a lot of choices for a wide performance tire. I have Michelin pilot sport ps2's 295/30/19 i want to say they make a 325 or 335 but the sidewall goes down to a 25. I hope nitto comes out with a 315/30/19 or 305/35/19

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
HA. I was literally just about to start this thread. Thanks M. I was on the phone with ForgeStar yesterday (M - same people that made my gold wheels on the C63), and they've been sending out 20x11s for our rears with 20x9 in the front. I'm going to step down to 10.5 in the back to stay far away from any rubbing issues, but I'm definitely going 20" because there are plenty of tire sizes available in that diameter.

Awesome, If I am going aftermarket wheels i might get CCW C10 wheels. They are 1 piece forged made in U.S.A. I was talking to the owner and he told me they send gt500 owners 18x10 in the front and 18X11 in the back. I mentioned that i want at least 19 wheels he said they don't make the C10's in any other sizes then 18's. And he said its better to get the 18's because i will have a wider selection of tires for street and drag.

Happy holidays

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I think you'll find that an 18" x 10" front is a bit too wide, all tricks aside, if you're concerned with rubbing.

His comments about 18's may have been true a year or two ago. If you're tracking the car, then by all means, 18's may be the way to go. But strictly for modern day pimp - anything less than a 19 and you've dated yourself.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Are these wheels any good?

Actually, good question. On another forum (where ForgeStar is a sponsor), someone asked what the certified strength was (I forget exactly what the measurement is), and there was a long thread about the correct ratio of strength needed per a given car (the consensus was 1/2 the total vehicle weight per wheel). For our cars, the wheel I'm going to go with (F14) is slightly underrated for that 1/2 curb weight formula, but I know of many vehicles with comparable weight that use these for track wheels & put some serious load on F14s without any problems. Google ForgeStar F14 to see what sorts of cars roll around on these.

The 20x10.5 in the rear will accommodate a ton of different DW / DWS / DR tires (just from looking at Discount Tire's website).

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Those F14s are really nice. But the figment guide doesn't show a Ford fitment as a choice.

Last edited:

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Those F14s are really nice. But the figment guide doesn't show a Ford figment as a choice.

Actually, ForgeStar custom produces most of their wheels. For my C63, I called them and discussed offset, etc., and they made the wheels to spec. They've already put wheels on Shelbys - check it out.

pony23

Established Member
I like the look of the Forgestar f14. Hmmmmm, got me thinking now. I was looking at the RTR wheels but don't like that they are only 9.5 wide in the rear. These look like a nice alternative.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
:nonono:

I'm sure it has just a little bit to do with appearance too....

Users who are viewing this thread