Wheel trade opinion.... Trying to decide...

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Well fellas,
I currently have a perfect set of staggered 18" chrome AFS reps with like new 295/35/18, 275/35/18 BFG KDWII's on them. Wheels are perfect.

I'm considering trading them for some 15x9.75 15x4.5 Bogart D10's with like new 325/50/15 ET streets and like new 165/80 runners up front. Not 100% sure if they're race version or street/strip but I plan to use them for street use.

The car is just a weekend toy. Makes right around 700 rear wheel on e85. My car is SRA so the rears will fit with no problem. Fronts will need spacers obviously but that's it. Shouldn't need to grind anything.

What do u guys think? I like them both equally and can't decide so figured I'd have y'all help me out. It either trade... Or order some 315/30/18 R888's for the reps.

Thanks in advance fellas!

Rambro

Established Member
I didn't know bogart made a street rim? I thought it was a big no no to run them on the street because they were too soft.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I didn't know bogart made a street rim? I thought it was a big no no to run them on the street because they were too soft.

Not that you should, but I've driven on the street with my Bogarts, with no ill effects, other then shittiing in my pants worried about hitting a pot hole and screwing them up!!!

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Lol! They make a street/strip version for street use now. Not quite as light as the race wheels but still lighter than almost everything else.

GTpower01

Established Member
Bogarts makes a street rim??? Since when.... I always though potholes and bogarts didn't mix... Pretty cool though if they are recommended for street use... I would get a second opinion though just to be sure or even call Bogart.

Good Luck.... Keep us updated and please post pics soon

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
They offer a street strip welded 1-piece wheel and their usual 3-piece race wheel. Unfortunately the set I'm looking at is the race version so I'd have to be super careful on the street but the race version is the only one that will clear the rear brakes on my SRA without any issues because the barrels gives just a tiny bit more clearance than their thicker street version.

ajt9229

Established Member
D 10's get my vote. Let me know if they have a street version and if you get them post some pics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread