Wheel Squeaking

chrisweekspc

Established Member
Driver side rear wheel is squeaking, increases and decreases with speed. I thought it might not be seated correctly or not torque enough, took it off, put it back on, retorqued, and still does it.

Any ideas on what else it could be? I don't think it is a whel bearing, but could be wrong..

Thanks.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Hmm...perhaps wheel bearing...do you have spacers? I would like to know too if I ever come across this problem...good luck:beer:

chrisweekspc

Established Member
Hmm...perhaps wheel bearing...do you have spacers? I would like to know too if I ever come across this problem...good luck:beer:

Thought about wheel bearing, but I was under the impression wheel bearings make more of a grinding/rubbing sound when going bad..?

This sounds exactly like my wheel is loose (that's happened before), except I have taken it off and put it back on and torqued it down, so no idea..

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Check you're brakes. I had a similar noise and took the whole brake assembly off, cleaned them and retorqued everything down nice and tight....bam problem solved. :shrug:

Shadowfax

Established Member
Any ideas on what else it could be? I don't think it is a whel bearing, but could be wrong...

Sounds like what I had on the left side. If it's a wheel bearing it will look like this....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DSalqB7ahY"]YouTube - Rear end troubles[/ame]

If it is the wheel bearing, the repair went like this... Many thanks to forum members for the diagnoses and repair tips....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1CqCFJVKNU"]YouTube - Cobra IRS Hub and Bearing RR[/ame]

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
i had a similar noise once but it was only audible at VERY low speeds...such as slowing to a dead stop or starting from one. Turns out it was a dry seal at the transmission output shaft. Still looking for an easy way to grease that, but overall, a relatively small problem. Might not hurt to double check that your driveshaft doesnt squeak when you get under there and try to turn it back and forth.

wlg101190

Established Member
When I take turns, I can hear near the rear drivers side this rubbing coming from the wheel or something, and I only hear it at low speeds. Could it be a bearing or what? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread