Wheel Polishing Services?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
So most wheels these days are painted (and suck).

I recall services involving dunking wheels in tanks full of ceramic beads to polish them. Searching "wheel Polishing" doesn't pull up a lot useful links or business.

Anyone ever do this? Have the wheel stripped and polished to look chrome? Chrome services are expensive - $300+ per wheel.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

avid-1-av06-matte-black.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Can of mothers and tons of elbow grease (assuming the wheel is already raw).

This is a service I would happily pay for vs doing myself lol,

That said, ive done TONS of them.

I'm sure aircraft stripper will take the paint fine but I don't have hours of free time to hand polish a set of wheels.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Big 22.5 Alcoa truck rims here cost $50 each one side and look brand new once done.
We pay $125 a rim for one side, but it makes it a PITA to have fronts and rears. The old COO wanted the aluminum rims because they looked nice, never looked into the price to keep them nice. We are slowly switching back to painted steel rims.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
We pay $125 a rim for one side, but it makes it a PITA to have fronts and rears. The old COO wanted the aluminum rims because they looked nice, never looked into the price to keep them nice. We are slowly switching back to painted steel rims.
No doubt, it is work to keep them looking bright. Mine looked great through the summer, but road treatments for weather take a toll. My big truck averages about 6k miles a year. I would guess trucks that get driven every day would take much more work to keep looking bright.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Fitment Industry had Avid AV6'w on sale for 25% off..hard to ignore that plus the savings of $0 shipping and $0 mount and balance.

Wheels shipped..I'll update once here.

Yeah, yeah, knock offs... But at $1,100 OTD, I don't care.

Other options I was looking at was Koning Tandems, Gram DR57, and Battles. Battles and Tandems are $1k for just the wheels, DR57s are God damn $1700 these days. Prices have become stupid.

Real set of TE37s are now like $5k

Users who are viewing this thread