Wheel options for Satin Silver

CallMeWonder

Established Member
So I want to change up the shoes on my car and am having trouble figuring out what to go with. I am currently on anthracite fr500s and they look good but I want to get into a more premium wheel.

I am leaning towards ccw classics but they just don't seem to pop on a silver car as they do on a torch red or black or pretty much any other color. That or Ive only found a couple pics of them on a silver car.

Anyone wanna give some recommendations for wheels on a satin silver? Ive looked into the Rovos wheels but not sure how I feel about the 5-spoke design. any input appreciated!

Jay

Woody6799

Established Member
I have always been a fan of the silver on bright silver look, it just looks clean. That being said, I also like silver on gun metal... Just don't do black, black wheels get lost.

P3230042.jpg

or rks

terminator-tuesday-ford-mustang-americanmuscle-cobra.jpg

GUNMETAL SALEENS
DSC_0085.jpg

Last edited:

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I a big fan of brushed aluminum finished centers with a polish/chrome lip regardless of the color of the car, nice classy choice.

ctgreddy

Established Member
To me I'm flip flopped from everyone above. On silver and red cars I think black wheels looks absolutely perfect. Black 18" saleens are some of my favs it's just a hard look to beat.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
I feel like the silver cobras are one of the hardest colors to match wheels with. Ive looked around a lot at different wheel combos and i think im just going to go with AFS chrome replicas. If you were to go with the CCW's though, maybe a dark grey wheel with a polished lip. I think that would look good.

EB85

Established Member
No black wheels. Please, no black wheels.

Silver, anthracite, brushed, MAYBE polished/chrome.

ctgreddy

Established Member
couldn't find many pics but this is hard to beat for a silver car. BUT that's why they make so many different wheels/colors, everyones different you have to get what you think is best, all we can do is supply ideas.

s1_zps8esz7qgs.jpg

EB85

Established Member
Why is everyone against black wheels? lol

I, personally, consider it to be more of an import thing and also kinda taking the easy way out. When it comes to clothing, yes, black goes with anything. And the same goes for wheels. While they will not make a car look bad or ugly, it's just overplayed.

Woody6799

Established Member
Why is everyone against black wheels? lol

Black wheels are cool, but the design disappears so all black wheels tend to look the same and that drives me nuts. They look great sitting still from 5 feet away, but that's it. Wheels are supposed to make the car pop all the time, not just while sitting still.

CallMeWonder

Established Member
Black wheels are cool, but the design disappears so all black wheels tend to look the same and that drives me nuts. They look great sitting still from 5 feet away, but that's it. Wheels are supposed to make the car pop all the time, not just while sitting still.

do you know if the saleens come in 18x10.5? should've mentioned that as a requirement I guess. I cant find em that wide just googling around.

Woody6799

Established Member
Why 10.5? Why not 10? That's what I run on my RK's and I have no issues. Perfect for a 305 tire or a skinnier 315

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
I've been having the same dilemma for the past 10yrs.
satin stock, look good. but don't pop
tried 03 reps in DD chrome...pop but not the best look
tried FR500 DD chrome, just don't look good,
Hav'nt tried Black , as many said, i also don't like that look

let us know what you decide

20141228_173313_resized.jpg

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
duh, gloss gunmetal f14's or CCW's. Check out Forcefed03 on instagram. He's on Black CCW centers with a polished lip. Looks awesome.

IMG_0002%20copy.jpg

Last edited:

CallMeWonder

Established Member
duh, gloss gunmetal f14's or CCW's. Check out Forcefed03 on instagram. He's on Black CCW centers with a polished lip. Looks awesome.

IMG_0002%20copy.jpg

I love his setup and have been talking to him about specs and such but black wheels are not the way to go I guess. I may just go for it because literally nothing interests me except CCWs.

Wonder how the original chrome would look?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I love my black ccw classics

You might want to think about an antracite (gray/silver ) center in a brushed finish. Think it would look awesome

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I a big fan of brushed aluminum finished centers with a polish/chrome lip regardless of the color of the car, nice classy choice.

this. if my car was silver i would get brushed aluminum for sure. heck, i have brushed on my white car. it looks great on every finish

r3_zpsbfc7a573.jpg

r4_zpsd1354a8a.jpg

r2_zps132bd7bb.jpg

r7_zps39136578.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread