wheel hop

Tyler72

Established Member
I'm so tired of it... As soon as the tires start letting go, the car starts bouncing all over the road. Its very frustrating & I'm afraid its going to end up braking something. I know that upgrading control arms will help solve the problem, but with the 3.73 gear, its already noisy with the stock arms. What would be the best arms to use that stop wheel hop without an increase in NVH?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Roush uca so long as you aren't lowering more than a inch

Actually the Roush mount is used on their cars that have the extreme lowing package which is 1.25inches lowered all the way around. So your good to use the roush mount up to 1.25 inches! Just remember the roush mount cant be used with relocation brackets!

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Correct.

The Roush UCA is a very nice system. Although it really makes for an inefficient AS% when using it on a lowered vehicle, it CAN be used.

If lowering, and using the Roush UCA system, as blackbeast said- stay away from LCA Relocation brackets, they will do more harm than good.

Jedisalami

Established Member
I put strange adjustables on my car, did nothing, upper control arm, did nothing, slammed car on h and r supersports, fixed it

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
control arms with poly bushings will increat noise a little bit more but will help cure your wheel hop illness. its the price to pay for performance you know. spherical end control arms will be even better but they are LOUD. when 4.10 gears on the highway i feel like i have a giant bee sitting on the back seat at full song.

Heuristic

Established Member
I have so many mods that I want to do first, but after my one track day I keep thinking of trying to get rid of that nasty wheel hop. I thought the rear end was going to bounce out of the car :D Though, I don't really plan on 1/4 mile the car much, more of a road course guy

ExTurbo

Established Member
so i did a few things, but i went with ford racing LCA's no increased noise what so ever and the car just spins now, no hop at all. I also lowered it and put on FR adjustable struts and shocks, with P springs. So it might be a combination of things but those LCA's are great and its still is as quiet as the day i bought the car (well the GT500 ab's make it a little louder :)

Users who are viewing this thread