Wheel Hop

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Just got my 2012 Gt 6spd yesterday and was out cruising around and such, and went to do a mild launch and it wheel hopped pretty good on me. Also happened when getting on it mid 1st gear as well surprisingly. Anyone else having the same issues? TCS was off btw, and its got the brembo package, so it has the 19's. Im used to my 94 stroker car, and my 04 Mach 1 just lighting up the tires and not having hop issues. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!!

Btw, these cars ****in rock!

grnenvy

Established Member
Seems like some of the manual cars have that problem. I would put a set of relocation brackets to change the instant center and also put a set of lowers with good bushings. I went to BMR yesterday here in Tampa and they have a top notch facilaty I was actually impressed which is tough to do. Ask for Kelly

warlockgs

Established Member
Lower control arm relocation brackets fixed that on my car. I'm still planning on doing lower control arms and the upper control arm, but the wheel hop is gone.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Ok thanks guys! Would a set of lowers alone do it, or are the physical brackets what cures the problem?

sb03cobra

Established Member
Mine used to hop very bad also. Installed Roush springs and upper control arm/mount, and the hop is gone!

bssmith1220

Established Member
It shocked me too the first time...I have owned many mustangs and never had a SRA car wheelhop. But these do for sure.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
It shocked me too the first time...I have owned many mustangs and never had a SRA car wheelhop. But these do for sure.

Yeah seriously man. I whacked it quick in 2nd today and I thought it was gonna hop my phone out of the cupholder :lol:

Looks like I'll be buying LCA's soon, as this is annoying!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There are any number of ways to change how and when wheel hop occurs. I plan on replacing most of the rear suspension.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Something nobody else has said yet is tires. A lot of wheel hop comes from the BS stock tires.

i was going to but i was scratching my head asking how people are getting wheel hop? if you launching higher then 1200 rpm then slip it

pohnjarker

Established Member
i only wheel hop when im in second and punch it...wheels start spinning and hopping...

from a launch, i havent had that issue on stock tires. will start replacing suspension parts soon enough

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
you know, i only had wheel hop the first few miles. Maybe cause the tires were brand new??? Cause the last few times (1400miles later) ive ripped the pavement a new asshole ive had no sign of wheel hop.....

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Hmm, its possible ^^. I'll have to see if it clears up, I haven't been goin nuts with it yet obviously since its only got about 200 mi.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
J&M lower control arms, and the Roush anti-hop kit.. Solved my hop issue completely. I used to have horrible hop, and drag radials made it worse. I like the J&M arms, because they have the poly-ball bushing, which helps prevent binding during cornering.

Travis

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
EDIT: Frick. Reading comprehension fail.
:lol:
J&M lower control arms, and the Roush anti-hop kit.. Solved my hop issue completely. I used to have horrible hop, and drag radials made it worse. I like the J&M arms, because they have the poly-ball bushing, which helps prevent binding during cornering.

Travis

Thanks man :beer:. Never heard of J&M, I'll have to look into em! Is the Roush kit just relocation brackets?

Users who are viewing this thread