Wheel hop

fordcruizer

Ok so the fastest I got my 13 gt track pack to was a 13.2 ..... I feel like I should at least hits 12s. But it is trapping 110 mph. I have only had the car for 2 months and am still getting the feel of it. Any recommendations ?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

debit_free_2010

Established Member
The majority of the wheel hop is from the upper control arm.

At a minimum you'll want an adjustable panhard bar ,if you don't have one already and an UCA, I have a J&M PHB and Roush UCA and zero wheel hop on my '14.

I'd suggest adjustable LCA's if you do swap the lowers, that'll let you put the rear where it's supposed to be if you lower the car.

fordcruizer

It's already lowered from the factory with the track pack. I'm not going any Lower with it. Do they come with Adjustable pan bars ? I was thinking of getting drag radials in hopes that would help, When there isn't wheel hop I can only launch at like idle
IMG_2215.JPG

Shaun@AED

As stated the 11-14 Wheel hop can be easily cured by replacing the upper control arm with the Roush unit. The Roush unit is shorter, has a different angle, and a smaller rubber bushing, all of which correct rear end geometry to near perfect on a lowered Mustang and cures wheel hop without increasing NVH.

GrbrBlu

I was in the same situation as you last fall. The best I could do was 13.2 @ 108 MPH with severe wheel hop. Over the winter I installed BMR's LCAs and UCA with bracket and the improvements have been great - no more wheel hop and lays down the power like crazy. Unfortunately I have not been able to make it to the track this year.

5lho

Established Member
Wheelhop is *almost* traction. You can cut it down with a sticky tire but, for the road, the best answer is a UCA, as suggested. I loved the Roush arm on my 12 but, when I went to look to fit it on my 14, I found the price went up ALOT so, I bought a Steeda poly UCA. It's a bit noisier than the Roush but cures the problem very well.

Holovacko

Established Member
You'll need a bias-ply with a manual trans. That will put you in the 12's. Do the tire 1st, then worry about adjusting the suspension. Without the tire, you're not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hand-filer

Established Member
Always a compromise between performance and minimum NVH. I can add to the consensus here regarding the Roush arm and mount; it's quiet, it works.

BMR Tech 2

Ok so the fastest I got my 13 gt track pack to was a 13.2 ..... I feel like I should at least hits 12s. But it is trapping 110 mph. I have only had the car for 2 months and am still getting the feel of it. Any recommendations ?

Hey! I'm Parker and I'm the new S197 Tech.

UCA/LCA and Relocation brackets typically solve all of the wheel hop, the UCA being the biggest contributing factor.

On my 2013 GT I personally use our UCM002 and UTCA032 for mainly street use the poly bobo's get the job done.

If you're looking for more serious track performance and a little NVH doesn't bother you then our New UTCA038 would be perfect for you.

As for the LCA/Relocation Brackets I'd fully recommend our TCA020 and CAB005.

If you'd like to discuss this more in depth on your setup just shoot me a PM and we can have a chat about what parts would be best for your set up and I'll hook you up with a discount for ordering through our website!

Users who are viewing this thread