Wheel hop?? Not this time..

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I used non-chlorinated brake parts cleaner, then I lightly sanded everything down. Next I used two light coats of ceramic base Primer, then Three light coats of FORD RED ceramic paint, and two light coats of Ceramic clear.

Hissman, where did you get the paint and especialyl the ceramic clear from?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Advance auto parts. In some cases I spend the extra dime to get good stuff, but for calipers, over the counter can paint seems to do just fine.

-Jeff

SpectorV

Established Member
ive got to paint my calipers but... the inner black part is starting to rust so I will just replace them with some 10th anniv calipers, the darker red should match the redfire pretty good.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Advance auto parts. In some cases I spend the extra dime to get good stuff, but for calipers, over the counter can paint seems to do just fine.

-Jeff

Thanks. I really wished I had cleared mine, as well as my underhood.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
HISSMAN, I need your opinion

What if I kept the stock springs in the front and cut down the back c/w upgrading the bushings, do you think that would remove the hop. Still running stock F1's, car has 6100 miles
Also I picked up the Steeda Stop the Hop kit yesterday, was going to have it installed within the next couple of weeks, however I like your solution better

1)would the front sit to high and look stupid
2) by doing this mode , does the ride quality suffer
3) would I have to lower the front. It was a bitch to align it in stock form, I would hate to go thru that again.

I hate the hope
Thanks

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Flad said:
HISSMAN, I need your opinion

What if I kept the stock springs in the front and cut down the back c/w upgrading the bushings, do you think that would remove the hop. Still running stock F1's, car has 6100 miles
Also I picked up the Steeda Stop the Hop kit yesterday, was going to have it installed within the next couple of weeks, however I like your solution better

1)would the front sit to high and look stupid
2) by doing this mode , does the ride quality suffer
3) would I have to lower the front. It was a bitch to align it in stock form, I would hate to go thru that again.

I hate the hope
Thanks

1) I am not sure how much higher the front would sit, but I am certain that it would probably sit higher than the rear.

2) The ride quality is the same as stock, or probably better since I have a lower center of gravity now.

3) You would most likely have to lower the front depending on the look that you want. Mine is lowered in the front with the eibachs, and I have no alignemnet issues, as a matter of fact, I have not yet had to have an alignment done.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
04CobraMatt said:
Were you running the Stock ISO's before? could the MM ones have to do with helping your wheel hop?

This is a good question. I was running the stock ISOs before.

-Jeff

ViciousJay

Established Member
HISSMAN.. can you just undo the irs bolt... remove the lower strut bolt witha jack unde rthe a-arm and let the spring fall out?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Not without the help of a spring compressor (not fun and takes twice as long to do). You will need to lower the rear of the IRS cradle by about 3-4 inches in order for the spring to come out. Without the rear shock attached to the spindle it will only drop about 1-2 inches lower than it would be while jacked up and the shock still attached, at the most.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread