Wheel fitting help

mbarnes

Established Member
im looking to put the xxr 521 wheels on my 2012 shelby. i want to put 20 x 8.5 in the front and 20 x 10.5 in the back. the lug nut pattern works for the shelby but i have no idea how to figure out if the wheels will stick out due to the offset. the front wheel have an offset of +32 and the rear have a +30. can anyone help me out and let me know if these will run flush against the fender with my car.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Front will fit perfect, rear will stick out a mile.

Call Paul at howey industries. He will help you get a better wheel for not outrageous money.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Stock offset on a 9.5 inch wheel is +45 on a 285 tire.

Forgestar would most likely put you at 48 or +50 for a 10.5 wheel. They have more aggressive offsets than factory.

If you run a 305 on the back it will stick out further.

Call Paul and he will give you the exact set up you need. You don't have to buy from him.

Otherwise, good luck.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
i just saw a picture of a new mustang running the xxr 521 and it was flush all around

I looked on a site that let you selcet the year and car, and for a 2010 Mustang they only list the 17x8 and 18x8.5. The offsets are to low for the 10.5" wheels (20x10.5 is +30)

IA Shelby

Established Member
One more data point. The super snake wheels are 20x10 in the rear with a +37 offset. They are flush with a 275 tire.

Now you stick a wider wheel, bigger tire with lower offset and you can imagine what will happen.

If you lower the car you will have serious rubbing issues. Not trying to turn you off but hopefully providing se insight so you don't make an expensive mistake.

Call a wheel expert like Steve at true forged. He will know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread