Wheel and Tire Info requested

IA Shelby

Established Member
DTD:

I have a 2011 Shelby GT 500 convertible. Driving style is moderate to spirited but not extreme. I am planning on adding aftermarket wheels and tires along with lowering via a BMR susp/handling package (1.25-1.5" drop).

I have the stock stock set up 19x9.5 on all four corners today with 255/40/19 front and 285/35/19 rear.

I am looking to keep the same size wheel especially in the rear. I may consider a staggered wheel 19x8.5 for the front.

Question:

What would be an agressive but still functional (no rubbing) offset for my vehicle for the following:
1)8.5 wheel front = 30 or 35?
2)9.5 wheel front =35 or 40?
3)9.5 wheel rear = 40 or 45?

For comparison purposes the RTR wheel comes with a 33 offset in 19x9.5 on all four corners. They appear to be agressive and fit the front with a stock tire 255/40/19 but on the stock rear tire 285/35/19 they stick out past the fender well about a 1/4".

*Factory offset came at 45 on all four.
* I am aware not a ton of wheels fit the Shelby due to the brembo brake package.

Recommendations for tires listed in the sizes above? I have not been impressed with the stock goodyear f1 supercar tires. I have heard good things about the continental extreme contact dw?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post and sorry for the delay.

The recommended offset ranges for the wheel widths you noted above are as follows:

8.5 Front - +25mm to +60mm
9.5 Front - +35mm to +50mm
9.5 Rear - +35mm to +65mm

The lower the offset, the more the wheel will push out towards the fender. The lowest offsets we noted above put the edge of the wheel just inside the fenderwell.

Tire size wise, the OEM sizes are the best to go with. The DW would be a good all around wet and dry traction tire that will see some decent life. Another excellent model you should consider is the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO. This tire has a little more dry grip when compared to the DW.

Users who are viewing this thread