What's your worth?

SatinSnake

Established Member
I was wondering at what point will the 03/04 Cobras stop dropping in value. Every collector car starts to increase in value as time goes on. What's everyone think is the age when these will hit that point?

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Well I have production number 2 so I don't anticipate mine will drop as long as I keep the miles low and don't cut the car up.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I was wondering at what point will the 03/04 Cobras stop dropping in value. Every collector car starts to increase in value as time goes on. What's everyone think is the age when these will hit that point?

Is that the actual thread title you wanted or is there a typo in there some where?

"What's your worth?"......:shrug: as in Net worth?

or What's your CAR worth?

Perhaps "When will these cars start to actually appreciate in value?"

or

"Do you think these cars will ever appreciate in value?"

Not a rhetorical question, as I can change the title if you would like me to.

topfueldart

Established Member
Bottom line is the cars wont maintain or increase value if people don't choose to hold onto them...

All the guys that invest thousands of dollars into Whipples/CCW's/Etc, dont drive their cars and then get bored and sell to buy a new GT500 bring the value down for the rest of us.

With how much power the new cars make, I dont think the terminators will ever really appreciate. Maintaining value is pretty much best case at this time.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
kelly blue book said my car is worth around $18k. Someone offered me $20k. Although it's not for sale, I learned that since this is still a specialty car of it's time, someone will buy over kbb price because no one just buys a terminator, people want to buy a terminator.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I dont think they will ever go up in value and less you have something with crazy low miles and even then it will be 20 years. Best thing you can do is enjoy the car and drive it. Don't worry what the value is. To most people it's still just a mustang.

03cobra5485

Established Member
03/04 cobra's have the "supra syndrome"..as in they will hold high value 10-15 years from now (damn it's been about 10 years since the 03 cobra came out). Both have one hell of a cult following..plain and simple, they are bad ass cars that people are still comparing brand new cars to

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
Don't go by what KBB or NAPA says. These cars have a market value (KBB, or what they'd worth to the average person) and they have a personal value (what they'd be worth to a collector or anyone else who would appreciate it as a true fan).

An average person may see it as "just another Mustang".

The majority of us who own one, see it as something more.

I love my Cobra, and would only ever sell it if I had no choice. (Or if I somehow someway could trade it for a Ford GT! :p)

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
they've already held value much better than the naysayers said they would. and the naysayers started saying people were stupid paying msrp because they'd pick one up for 1/2 the price "any day now" and that was back in 2004 - lol.

One of the best "maintaining" value cars ford or any other american auto maker has produced in the past 20 years

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
I could see the Terminator being like a Gran National in the future... Maintaining their value.

The Competition Orange I purchased was NADA value of 22,025 with 19,000 Miles I believe, I paid 24,500. :shrug: Knowing it's 1 of 281 in a oddly attractive color (seriously, Something about that orange just grabs you), I didn't mind paying an extra 2500-3000 for something I wanted.

Since these cars have a cult following as the first Supercharged Mustang and one of the last few cars to depart from the Dearborn Assembly Plant (where the Original 1964s were rolled off), I see them continually gaining value in the future.

I might start sniping the hard to find items in the future, such as the Mystichrome seats. Things collectors will go apeshit for in the future. :thumbsup:

SatinSnake

Established Member
"Do you think these cars will ever appreciate in value?"

That would sound better...

I ask this because money is tight and this is an expensive toy for me. I bought it on a whim and have no regrets, but I'm not sure this is a car I want to own for 20 years. I basically paid 8k to drive a new Tundra around for 2 1/2 years and lost my a$$ when I sold it. Just seeing if the value of these cars were holding up over the past few years.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Well, judging from the other "specialty" mustangs produced over the years...

First 8-10 years will see declining value.
10-15 (maybe 10-20) years will see a holding value ~ basically the price will hold fairly steady due to car value vs inflation / economic trend.
Increasing value would most likely occur around 20 years old.

Look at the prices of the Fox body "special" mustangs. They are 20+ years old now and prices are generally increasing on them.

Now, we are talking about properly maintained, "original" or lightly modded (reversible mods) cars. Those are the ones that people will want as an "investment" vehicle for show or to re-live thier youth.

All IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread