Whats your opinion on this setup?

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
for all the gurus out there who know better whats your input on this setup, mind you this is on a stock pump..no boost a pump. 503whp dynoed.

2.76 Pulley
#2 lower (totals boost at about 16PSI)
Stage 8 Stegmeier port
Diablosport MAF
JLT High Boost CAI
SLP LM I’s exhaust
60lb injectors

IllCobra

Established Member
I would definitely at the very least add a bap. You're at the limit on stock pumps. Motors aren't cheap, better safe than sorry.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
exactly my take, i bought my car with this setup with cylinders 7 and 8 melted, grant it the car did have electrical issues with grounding also had a short on the COP harness on that side of the motor, my theory is due to those issues that definitely played a big part in melting pistons most likely starving those cylinders due to lack of voltage to the pump taking in that into consideration that the setup is pretty maxed out...
I would definitely at the very least add a bap. You're at the limit on stock pumps. Motors aren't cheap, better safe than sorry.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely ensure you have enough fuel throughout the RPMs range. Either upgrade the pumps for greater flow or add a MAP. Some are fine with a BAP, while others prefer bigger pumps. I went with bigger pumps on my old '03 Cobra. Just a personal choice.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
Definitely ensure you have enough fuel throughout the RPMs range. Either upgrade the pumps for greater flow or add a MAP. Some are fine with a BAP, while others prefer bigger pumps. I went with bigger pumps on my old '03 Cobra. Just a personal choice.

i appreciate your advice forgive me but what is a MAP?

Users who are viewing this thread