• Tropi-Care Premium Liquid Wax

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Mothers PURE CARNAUBA

Votes: 65 16.4%

• Total voters

Todd03Blown

Established Member
KELVINATOR said:
Favorite wax for my black car is pinnacle soveriegn. I use werkstatt acylic jett for my white car.
+1 makes black so wet and deep; here is my car after menzerna and souveran.

passsidesunny2_.jpg

nightshotdriverside_.jpg

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
I've been hearing so much crap about the nxt wax, yet most ppl voted for it...
I my self use it and i like it, i have to addmit its not the longest lasting wax but the finish is so deep an clear, i've never seen a wax do what the nxt does, not a single sign of wax on the car just deep shine maybe that is way it does not last LOL.. I was using meg..#26 wax before that and all in all very good, but when the car sat in the sun you could see the swirls even tough i used the microfiber, if you touch the finish in the sun with you finger it left nasty stains like the wax is acctully melting... Anyways has anyone tryed the liquid glass yet?????????

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I've used Eagle One Nano-wax, Meguire's NXT, and now the Clearkote. I'll have to try more in the future to give a definitive answers, but for the time being Clearkote is by far the best I've used. Nano-wax was good, but a PIA to apply and remove, NXT was also good but lasted all of a week. Clearkote so far seems to have offered the most shine, and I'm hoping that it'll last a while.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
Best bet for long lasting protection and a good shine comes when using some sort of sealant and then a non-cleaning wax on top. I've had excellent luck with VM glaze, then Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant, and then a good non-cleaner wax to top it off.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
moridin2004 said:
Best bet for long lasting protection and a good shine comes when using some sort of sealant and then a non-cleaning wax on top. I've had excellent luck with VM glaze, then Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant, and then a good non-cleaner wax to top it off.
good recipe right there :thumbsup:

Scott P

Established Member
SSSNAKE04 said:
Is clearkote a cleaner wax or just protection????????? who makes it??? where can i get it....

Clearkote's Moose Wax is a one-step cleaner wax. It does a pretty good job as a one step product. It is an easy to use wipe on/wipe off product that leavesa pretty slick surface behind.

On the other hand, Clearkote's Carnauba Moose Wax is a carnauba wax without any cleaning agents. It has a pretty high concentration of carnauba and decent durability (about 3 months or more). It gives a nicer finish than regular Moose Wax, but it does require a prior cleaning or polishing step.

Monolith

Shake Me Up
Established Member
I've used pretty much every damn wax under the sun over the past 16 years of car ownership, and keep coming back to Zaino. It just works the best, looks the best and lasts the longest and that to me means it is well worth the money it costs. I still use NXT on the other vehicles in our stable, but the Mach gets Zaino.

Once a year I will strip the wax with Dawn dish soap, claybar the entire vehicle, polish the paint with Clearkote Red Moose machine glaze, apply a layer of Zaino Z-1 and then start laying down the Z-2. At present I have about 15 coats of Z-2 on the car and it looks like wet paint. :)

I use the Zaino car wash shampoo and will follow it up with a wipe down of Z-6 spray and then another coat of Z-2 to freshen it up. :coolman:

Last edited:

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
icu812 said:
ZAINO is not a wax :read:

But the results are a deep beautiful shine. I've been using their products since 98. If something out there can give me a deeper shine, please let me know.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
NHRACobra said:
. If something out there can give me a deeper shine, please let me know.

Still Not a WAX :D

to answer your question just read about the products we have been using. You will get Depth & shine & not a plastic reflection. ;-)

BTW: Z10 is a real good conditioner.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Claybar is a miracle cleaner, then happy with Mcguires wax and Eagle one is the shizzle for just about everything else :D

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
doodad said:
with any kind of wax, l can make a car look damn shiny!!

used to work 4 years as professional car washer and waxer at peugeot dealer:)

Not to be an a$$, but all the people that work for dealerships in my area suck pretty bad. They'll drop a towell on the ground, pick it up, and just keep going like nothing happened.

doodad

Banned
moridin2004 said:
Not to be an a$$, but all the people that work for dealerships in my area suck pretty bad. They'll drop a towell on the ground, pick it up, and just keep going like nothing happened.

well, when l was working at a dealership, we were doing an AMAZING job. well, l have 9 year old and 133k miles LT1 formula and stock paint. paint is not in great shape but whenever l wax my car, l get many compliments..

This is just a regular job l did. in 1 hour, l washed the car dried, and waxed and cleaned the wheels and tires.. eveerything is stock and the camera is 9 year old bad quality camera..
DSC00972.gif

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00978.gif

DSC00998.gif

DSC00994.gif

DSC00990.gif

DSC00991.gif

and this is l just washed the car real good (NO WAX)

ARABABABA2.gif

Last edited:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Damn man nice job on the firechicken. So when you get it perfect once its easier to keep up after that I hope...

Zymol sucks. I like Meguires.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I got this from StangZilla off the Corral from a 3 year old thread
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=309853

StangZilla said:
1.) Dawn Soap Wash Yes DAWN dish soap, acts a stripper for old wax and squashed bugs and tree sap, etc. Will not hurt paint

Wash the car throughly every square inch of it!

2.) Mothers California Gold, Clay Bar Kit Follow directions, clay bar the whole car, then rinse off with some soapy water till the residue is gone

3.) Mothers California Gold, Carnauba Cleaner Wax Apply1 Base Coat

4.) Mothers California Gold, SEALER and GLAZE (phase two) Apply one base coat of this product as well

5.) Two Coats of Mothers California Gold, Pure Carnauba Wax (phase three) Apply two coats

6.) Four Coats of Mothers Reflections Premium Polish Well you can apply as many as you like at this point, but if you want a real mirror glossy finish..... 4 coats is the trick

7.) Removed each wheel and apply Mothers MAG & ALUMINUM POLISH After you clean the crap out of the wheel. Don't use that spray on spray off . It has acid in it which will pit and ruin your rims over time

8.) Mothers Back to Black for trim pieces

You can figure out the rest. Use 100% Terry Cloth Cotton Towels ONLY!!!

Another good tip, RUB the WAX into the car in a circular motion then rub it in striagth lines, going in the same direction. You want the wax to haze in a striaght line.

If you do this two the teeth, in the shade, on a cool day. You're car should look brand spanking new! But it might take you most of the day, so get an early start!

And good luck and success. I've won a few car shows from this procedure.

I start off by using Mother's California Gold car wash solution. I then do one coat of the cleaner wax, one coat of the glaze/sealer, one coat of pure carnuba, and finish with one coat of Mother's Reflections polish.

I love Mother's products but I'm sure there's a better way.

shelbycobra

Established Member
ive used several top name brands,zainos gives the best look on black,it just doesnt last,if you have heard of malms,i have never seen anything bead up as big as it does,but to each his own.

Users who are viewing this thread