What's with the ridiculous shipping prices?

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
I wanted to thank Jared on this forum, as I did so by email. He warrantied my reverse light bulb that was way out of warranty and he didn't have to do that. And its already been sent out. That speaks volumes about the kind of operation they have going on at Lethal. You certainly have my loyalty on any future purchases regardless of what other vendors may be offering. Lethal really is the only place to go for all your part needs. :beer:

I second that statement, Lethal does have good customer service, whether you are buying a power adder or some leather cleaner for your vehicles, thanks Lethal(John)!! :rockon:

Mike

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
You should consider using USPS Flat Rate Priority when possible. It will save your customer a lot of cash, and you can add on deliv conf. for very little.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You should consider using USPS Flat Rate Priority when possible. It will save your customer a lot of cash, and you can add on deliv conf. for very little.

The reason we don't ship USPS is because it's not a great service. Yes the rates are less than Fed Ex and UPS however there's lots of negatives.

The USPS tracking system is still way behind. Sometimes packages aren't even scanned into their system leaving the customers worrying about what's going on with the package. That's not the type of stress we or the customer needs to deal with shortly after a purchase.

Their claims take forever and it's not an easy process. That wouldn't be a problem if their delivery rate was better, however it's not. So in the event a package is lost, stolen or damaged it takes at least 60 days to even get an answer whether the claim will be honored or not. During that time we're expected to ship a replacement out at our own cost hoping that eventually the claim will be approved. If it's not we're out the entire order and as a business owner that's not a good feeling.

With Fed Ex it's a different story. They've provided us excellent service over the last 6 years. We've got a rep dedicated to us making sure everything goes smooth. If we have an issue beyond what customer service can handle she'll take care of it and make it right. Their tracking system is way more advanced and the delivery rate is much higher. The percentage of lost/damaged packages from Fed Ex is minimal compared to how much we ship from them. However in the event one does get lost or stolen the claims are processed fast and there's never a question whether it will be paid or not.

We'd be taking a step backwards by offering USPS services and the entire point of what we're trying to do here is become better at what we do. Faster processing of orders, quicker shipping, real time inventory... and the list goes on. USPS unfortunately doesn't fit in that equation.

d-nice

Established Member
The reason we don't ship USPS is because it's not a great service. Yes the rates are less than Fed Ex and UPS however there's lots of negatives.

The USPS tracking system is still way behind. Sometimes packages aren't even scanned into their system leaving the customers worrying about what's going on with the package. That's not the type of stress we or the customer needs to deal with shortly after a purchase.

Their claims take forever and it's not an easy process. That wouldn't be a problem if their delivery rate was better, however it's not. So in the event a package is lost, stolen or damaged it takes at least 60 days to even get an answer whether the claim will be honored or not. During that time we're expected to ship a replacement out at our own cost hoping that eventually the claim will be approved. If it's not we're out the entire order and as a business owner that's not a good feeling.

With Fed Ex it's a different story. They've provided us excellent service over the last 6 years. We've got a rep dedicated to us making sure everything goes smooth. If we have an issue beyond what customer service can handle she'll take care of it and make it right. Their tracking system is way more advanced and the delivery rate is much higher. The percentage of lost/damaged packages from Fed Ex is minimal compared to how much we ship from them. However in the event one does get lost or stolen the claims are processed fast and there's never a question whether it will be paid or not.

We'd be taking a step backwards by offering USPS services and the entire point of what we're trying to do here is become better at what we do. Faster processing of orders, quicker shipping, real time inventory... and the list goes on. USPS unfortunately doesn't fit in that equation.

I second this. Where I work we ship all high value packages, we used UPS next day service and for a while had somewhat good service. Then we stopped using them because they lost two packages in one week and they didn't deliver a package that was shipped for a Saturday am delivery. The customer waited outside his house all morning and UPS didn't even drive down the block. To top it off, the UPS driver said that the customer was not available to sign for the package.

FedEx, despite the higher cost is a much better company in every way possible, from there customer service to them calling the recipient to confirm a delivery.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't mind paying shipping as long it is reasonable and the cost of the goods is reasonable.

IMO your prices are pretty reasonable, however $16 to ship the Al rack bushings I just ordered is a bit steep.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
From my experience it is just the site that shows it. Went to order my fore hat a while back and the shipping was insane! Then I went to call to ask a question, ended up ordering over the phone and the shipping was MUCH more reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread