Whats up guys

vols fan

Established Member
I talked with dealership again today and we have come to an agreement. I will be the proud owner of an 03 Lightning after I get off work Monday. Final sale price of $17,000 plus taxes, tag and dealer fees.

Scott927

My Addiction.
Established Member
Congratulations Bro!! Glad to hear you got the L!

oh and btw +1 on the console! these trucks look amazing with the expy mod done.

vols fan

Established Member
The consol mod will be one of the first that I undertake I'm sure. I work with a guy that can cut the seat down for me all I have to do is find a center consol to ship to RIDE THE. On to performance mods, I would like to have 430-450 rwhp. I think I have a pretty good idea of how to get there. My list includes ported eaton blower,6# pulley,CAI,catback exhaust and a custom tune by Pro Dyno in NC. I would also like to get a upgraded valve body for the tranny. I complied this list from what I have read on this board. Will these mods get me in that range or am I missing something? My buddy like them loud and fast so thats what my goal is with his truck. Feel free to give me any recommendations on what brand of parts to buy. Thanks guys.

LSUstang05

Established Member
You will NEED a MAF Extender. I cannot stress this enough. You NEED the MAF extender with a pulley. I would run as fast as I could away from the Diablo MAFia. I've heard of a few people (including my tuner) had their motors pop due to the MAFia. It's a piggyback system and "tricks" the stock MAF into counting more. And it's not always 100% right and if it gets wet, you're screwed. Get yourself a SCT BigAir (BA) 2400 or 2600. As far as a valve body, I've heard good things about all of them and I have a factory tech and it works great. DMP, JLP, LFP, FTVB are all good choices IMO.

vols fan

Established Member
Ok thats not a problem I'll pick one of those up. Can I run a 4# pulley on the stock bottom end for a long time without any problems? Where are you guys buying all of your stuff at?

Users who are viewing this thread