Whats up guys

vols fan

Established Member
Whats going on everybody? I have never owned a Lightning before but due to a very tragic event I could own one by tomorrow. My best friend traded a 04 Cobra vert and an 03 Lightning two weeks ago Saturday for a new 09 Shelby Cobra. This past Sunday, while drag racing a motorcycle, he was killed. I went tonight and discussed price for the truck with the dealership. The truck is an 03 red with 38,xxx miles on it and it has the 6 disc changer with bed cover and towing package. The interor and exterior are 8/10 each maybe even 9/10. The truck is completly stock. The asking price was $19,988 and I got them down to $17,637 plus all the fees and stuff. Like I said I know very little about these trucks but this one is near and dear to my heart. Is this a good price for the truck? If I do buy it, in honor of my friend, it will not be able to remain stock. He had already had 3 heavly modded Cobras and I'm sure that the 09 would have been no exception. He never modded the truck because he only used it to pull his bikes. Thanks guys for any info that you could give me on this matter.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
damm sorry to hear at what happend to your best friend. Am sure he is in a better place.

about the truck thats a heck of a deal plus i would get it to honor my friend.

vols fan

Established Member
Yeah he meant alot to alot of people. There were more than 200 people at the funeral and no less than 650 at the receiving of friends. We had more than 30 bikes and 35+ Mustangs in the funeral procession.

dizzygoat

Established Member
im VERY sorry to hear that! Streetracing has been a kiler for as long as i can remember. Im 23 now, and lost my mom in a car wreck when i was 5 due to some sh!t hole scumbag mother facker that walked away from the wreck. I hope this is a lesson to all, how serious it can be, and by no means am i belittling your friend, cause i dont wish death upon anyone, not even the guy who took my dear mothers life.
You have my deepest condolences. I wish you the best and his family too, cause this is not something that can be brushed off.

Scott927

My Addiction.
Established Member
damn bro, i'm sorry to hear about your friend...one of my best friends was killed a little over a year ago on a bike (hit a car head on) and i know how it feels to go through all of that. as far as the truck goes that sounds like a good deal to me, i paid 24grand for mine with 23,000 miles on it, (03 DSG).

vols fan

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My buddy was killed on a drag strip not on the street. Like you said though drag racing is a serious matter weather on the street or strip.

vols fan

Established Member
Scott927 I see by your pic that you ride also. I did ride up until September of 07. I had a 06 GSXR 750 that I endoed 4 times and the bike was cut in half by the guide wire on a phone pole. The kick stand went through my knee and required 3 surgeries to repair.

dizzygoat

Established Member
i read your last post wrong and thought you got cut in half. i was like hooooly shit! wow, on a dragstrip, how did this happen if you dont mind me asking?

To answer your question about the truck, sounds like a steal honestly, cause there are a ton of 04's with the same and more miles going for $22k. I say go for it, especially since you know the trucks history, that alone can be priceless and a selling point for some.

vols fan

Established Member
Dizzy we are not really sure what happened to be honest. Some of the people at the track think that the front tire locked up and cause the bike to begin to "tank slap" and then it hit the wall and he was thrown from the bike. My accident was a combination of torn up asphalt and being on a new bike ( I had only had it for 22 hours).

Scott927

My Addiction.
Established Member
Scott927 I see by your pic that you ride also. I did ride up until September of 07. I had a 06 GSXR 750 that I endoed 4 times and the bike was cut in half by the guide wire on a phone pole. The kick stand went through my knee and required 3 surgeries to repair.

Dang man, I hate to hear that, yes I do ride for the fact of I love it more than anything (even my truck, yea yea yea i know the L should be my life lol) but I also still ride for the fact of missing my friend and to honor him cause he loved it as much or more than i do. But good luck on the L bro, I hope you get it, especially since you friend owned it and I think it would be a kickass way to honor him. R.I.P. to those who were close to us.

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
So sorry to hear about your friend. Unfortunately, it's a risk we all take the minute we put on a helmet and hit the strip.

Glad to hear the truck is "staying in the family" so to speak.

I know that this is way in advance but when you get the truck and if you ever decide to add a center console please, send me the console and I'll build/customize it in his honor for you . 100% no charge to you. Got to honor our fellow brothers.

All you would need to do is provide the actual console.

vols fan

Established Member
Hey thanks alot to all you guys for your kind words and helpful info. I'm about 98% sure I'm going to get the truck. Ride The what kind of a center consol are you talking about, you have peaked my interest already? Could you send me pics of an example? Thanks.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
This was the last tribute console that "we" did for Andre.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...y-best-mod-ever-complete-wienerschnitzel.html

Yours would not be painted or as elaborate, but it would be made in honor of your friend.

More like this with a personal touch.

DSCN1309.jpg

DSCN1668.jpg

DSCN2106.jpg

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
You can by aftermarket racing seats if you want to, but you can also just have the stock seats cut down. All you would need to get is a console and a manual passenger seat from a 00-2002 Expedition or Navigator. Maybe $200 for both. To have the factory seat cut down it would probably cost around $200.

vols fan

Established Member
Where would you have to have a factory seat cut down at? I mean I have never heard of that being done. Would you have to find a good upholstrey shop or what? Which way of the 2 you listed is the easiest?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
A good interior shop can cut the seat down. That is what most of us do.

Racing seats would be easier but they would be four times as much money.

Remember, this is only if you want to do it. Get the truck first and see what you think.

The offer does not have an expiration date or anything.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your friend man. I have lost 4 since I graduated in 05 and know what it's like. I think its awsome you are going to get this truck in memory of him. The console would be a really neat idea. I am doing that in my truck. Mine is the second pic Eric posted. I have some Sparco Racing seats I am putting in. But like Eric said A LOT more pricey. Good luck and have fun on the modding.

Users who are viewing this thread