What's the next step up from Nitto Invo's at 680whp?

sono

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. So In summery the 555rs are not noisy and good for a year on the street. Roughly 12-13k. The nt05 sound like a no go, it has to be nt05r. Can I get 12k out of the nt05r?

The mpss seem to be a solid choice, , but all I need is 12k miles so I'd rather have the extra traction.

So the road noise factor on these 555r's is ok?
Lol, I'll be pissed if it sounds like a monster truck underneath!

RBB

Established Member
Another vote for the 555R here. I can mat 2nd at any RPM and stick it with 650 rwhp. They're a lot of fun. I was previously running MPSS and it's a big difference. I don't notice any extra road noise with them, but with the rod ends in the back my car transmits a fair amount of road noise anyways.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
There's no tire on the market that's going to withstand that on these cars (especially a modded one) other than a full on drag slick on nothing other than a prepped surface.
I should have read what I'd written better. Meant that after I've hooked up either due to mild launch or already rolling, they (spinyear eagle f1s) just spin.

Lol I have a pair of rear AMR wheels waiting for me to get a set of mickey thompson et street r's. Those will be for weekend freeway fun/ dig launches.

I'm lookin at the mpss for all around/daily/mountain road driving that will give me better grip than the spinyears

sono

Established Member
Sweet, The 555r was not even under my initial consideration.
A good bite in second is all I want.

Thanks guys!

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
315/30ZR20 Toyo R888's.

Best traction your ever going to get without going to a Drag radial.

I completely agree. I have these and hook second gear on. A big seller for me on these over the Nitto 555R was the size of tire available. The 315/30/20 R888 is near stock size. The Nitto is over an inch larger diameter.

kw_rc

Established Member
+1 for 555Rs - my car has 740rwhp and they handle the power very well. Of course, i have all the BMR goodies in the back too. Very, very happy with them. I highlt recommend.

1992vert

Established Member
FWIW, I have a '12 PP with some BMR goodies on it and ~570rwhp. When the 20" TF's went on I put R888s out back and regular Proxes 1s up front. Super quiet combo on the street(never heard the rears as some say) and the R888s grip very well at the strip(1.9x 60s) and hold 2nd very well on the street.

I was invited to run the infield road course at Charlotte Motor Speedway and after three 10min sessions I destroyed the fronts. The car had a terrible push as the fronts just could not hold it...squealing for help in every corner. The outside corners were feathered down to the belts.(I drive pretty hard...not that I'm good, just not afraid to push it)

So I decided to throw R888s up front to have a matched set(a la Days of Thunder...lol). Initially the road noise was so bad I thought something was wrong so I had my local/loyal tire shop double check their work and all was fine. The noise for me is on the ridiculous side, sounding like mudders at 20-40mph and then getting quieter with speed. Again, this seems only from the fronts.

However, the traction is incredible! The famous "mustang push" is gone. I have taken the car to VIR for a GTR track day and The Dragon and I can say the tires have more grip than I have balls! Wet weather performance continues to surprise me as the car is no more squirrelly than it was the stock GY F1s. I have about 5k miles on them and the grooves are in great shape, but the insides of the fronts are getting scalloped(I assume from the slightly aggressive front end set up and two hard driving trips?).

My TFs are 20x10s up front and I've discussed with Steve about sending them back to reduce to a 9" width JUST to allow for a smaller size front tire in an effort to reduce the noise from a slightly smaller contact patch??

I'm torn on what to do as I can't imagine a better tire and I don't want to give up performance, but the noise blows! All the GTR guys swear by them and suck up the road noise(perhaps better sound deadening and/or less resonance through the chassis in the Nissan?). I did a ride-a-long with Mike Skeen that time at VIR in a high performance street GTR with R888s and are extremely capable tires...there's not a roller coaster I've ridden that compares to that ride-a-long!!

Just my tire experience, so far!

nrmustang

Established Member
Now how many of you guys have suspension mods? Particularly anti-squat/LCA relo brackets?

Or are you just on stock suspension trying to get traction with the tire alone?

Black Sex

Established Member
I run my 295/35r20 Invo's @ 28psi and they hook in second, most of the time.
Relocation brackets made a huge difference in traction since my car was lowered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread