What's the most ridiculous horsepower story you've ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
Yellow98SVT said:
There's a guy around here with a stage 2 SRT-4 who claims it will do 175 mph+
:lol: This reminded me of my neighbor saying his 84' anniversary 300ZX turbo would run 180 mph with ease. :rolleyes: :nonono: :rolleyes: I gave him room to change the claim by telling him the new Vette with 400 h.p. only tops 186 mph how the hell can you do it with only 200 h.p.?!! He justs looks at me and shrugs :shrug: his shoulders. :loser:

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
bluevilevo8 said:
You guys think your have stories. Try driving an evo everywhere. It's like tag body spray for ricers.
Thats the funniest thing ive ever heard. I was in orlando, FL and these two guys got in a fight at a street light because one of them, cut the other off to be the first in line to attempt to race an EVO :idea: . (they were both driving honda civics) true story

FSSNK

Established Member
At a party several years ago and this dude comes in sporting a mullet :lol: and talking crap about his F150 can pull the front wheels off the ground., what an idiot. :rolleyes:

GodStang

Established Member
Ok I got Three:

1) Me and a guy got in an argument. His story was the S2000 is one of the fastest and quickest cars ever made and a 800 hp mustang would have no chance against a stock one. Sad thing was we argued for like 2 hrs.

2) The 2nd in charge engineer here drives a 95 Cobra with a 347 stroker and a Paxton 2000 blower. He said he was putting down 800 rwhp and changing the fuel injectors would bump him up to over 1000 rwhp. Well he dynoed afterwards and hit a whopping 500 rwhp. His excuse: "My blow off valve was leaking and I was losing 5 psi". So 5 psi = 500 rwhp? I think not. I have to be nice cause he is the big boss man.

3) Local guy has a 2004 Cobra with a Procharger, BAP, catback, and dual focus pumps. He put down 508 rwhp. He tells everyone he has shut down many 1000+ rwhp dynos. His latest one is he is adding a Kenne Bell to his set up. He will be running a procharger and a Kenne Bell. Sad thing is he does not know I helped with his car and know what he puts down. Me (302VT, cammed, KB), buddies camaro (heads, cams, bottle), another buddies camaro (LS2 402 Stroker, heads, cams) all wanted to race him. He was like oh man I can't I have to run I have to take my girlfriend home. We told him to call us after he dropped her off he said ok. Still waiting for the call.

UCBeau

i had a guy in a stock prelude tell me he could beat mach 1's with ease and hang with terminators..i honestly couldn't do anything but stand there and stare..

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i had a guy in a stock prelude tell me he could beat mach 1's with ease and hang with terminators..i honestly couldn't do anything but stand there and stare..

You should have said something. He probably thought you were sitting there admiring him.

I got one finally. Some kid with a Prelude with a cold air and exhaust said he could eat any Mustang. I told him he was a moron, and that I'd race him in my dad's girlfriends Tahoe.

Another one, this one from work. A guy I work with said his V6 Explorer could do 0-60 in 5 seconds flat, stock. I told him Ford GTs could run 11s in the quarter stock, and did sub 5 second 0-60s easy... he told me 11s was slow.

Nobody at work believed me when I said stock Civics run 17s.

I work with no car enthusiasts, and they are all idiots. One of the staff leaders was showing me her (riced) Ford Taurus. She opened the hood and told me she spent 7000 on her new V6 engine. I took one look at it and said "That is a stock 4 cylinder Hillary." She said "No it's not, I spent 7000 on that V6." I called her a ****ing idiot and walked away. I'll get you a picture of her car today. It makes me sad.

UCBeau

i could have said something, but he was the friend of a buddy of mine..and frankly i was too stunned

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
There's a guy around my way with a 2002 Camaro SS that claims he's running a 600 shot safely without any issues, on a stock motor :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Talking drag racing out one night, this guy informs me his friend has a vega running 4.7's (yes in the 1/4), I asked if it was top fuel, he said no it's street legal, cool man.

Same guy asked about my old 97' cobra, when I told him it was a cobra he told me they never made a cobra in that year :shrug:. Then he agrees they did and ironically his father-in-law has a 98' cobra with the "Transparent" paint job. I asked if he had it painted that color and he said it came from the factory like that, I informed him that the "Mystic" only came out in 96' at that time. Nope it was a 98' and to top it off came with a 351 Windsor....out of the factory. I told him to tell his father-in-law NEVER to sell that car, when asked why, I told him he has the only one ever made. :bash: :bash: :bash:

scottm302

Established Member
Last year we were outside in an apt. complex parking lot working on my wife's altima putting a WAI on it for the fun of it and some hippie with a 1993 LT1 trans am came up and struck up a conversation. I asked him if he had anything done to his car and he said it was stock.

However, he then informed me that if he pulled the stock air box out....he could lift the front tires off the ground all the way through first gear. I really didn't know how to respond. I knew if I opened my mouth something very offensive would have come out. So I just let it go...poor guy.

Guy at work who thinks he knows alot about cars informed me my Cobra should AT LEAST run 10s...I said it should probably run in the 13s but he INSISTED that it would definitely run 10s so I'm pumped. :banana: :dw:

Last edited:

tazzracing1

Established Member
Well my brother in law told me the same thing with my 97 and now my 03 must be in the 9's and his honda motor cycle runs low 9's or high 8's. He is a great person but has not a clue. My friend bought and 89 mrs supercharged so he could beat my 97 cobra not a chance. Then he went and bought an Evo to beat my 03 that didn't happen either but I guess he has fun trying. But to top it off we have a person at work that really believes his 96 probe gt(auto) is one of the fastest cars ever made and will take the Evo he tried to say he could take my cobra and I told him don't even think of going there you know your out of your mind. Then it went to his 89 camaro with a v-6 it had a performance chip and exhaust. I had a good laugh at his expense and he has since given up on my cobra but is still trying to get the Evo but he backs out every time since he was beatin buy the mr2

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I once had a guy tell me that the frame under my mustang was old and crappy. I then proceeded to tell him that my car is uni-body construction and that it doesnt have a faucking frame. He didnt believe me....

SpectorV

Established Member
people talk to me more now with the vert... im scared as to what they might say after reading the replies in this thread.

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
Man, this thread is hilarious! I have another story, but it was several years ago. I was on break smoking a cig with my buddy, and I was asking him questions about the 350 conversion he had done to his '88 S-10. This guy we worked with jumped in and told us his father's camaro put down about 900 horse. So we asked him what kind of motor it was, and he said it was a 360. I asked him why his dad would put a mopar engine in a camaro. He said no, it was a chevy engine that had been "bored max" (exact words). Keeping a straight face, I asked what "bored max" meant. He said it meant that the intake had been bored to the maximum limit.

I put out my cigarette and went back inside without saying a word.

:loser:

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
scottm302 said:
Last year we were outside in an apt. complex parking lot working on my wife's altima putting a WAI on it for the fun of it and some hippie with a 1993 LT1 trans am came up and struck up a conversation. I asked him if he had anything done to his car and he said it was stock.

However, he then informed me that if he pulled the stock air box out....he could lift the front tires off the ground all the way through first gear. I really didn't know how to respond. I knew if I opened my mouth something very offensive would have come out. So I just let it go...poor guy.

Guy at work who thinks he knows alot about cars informed me my Cobra should AT LEAST run 10s...I said it should probably run in the 13s but he INSISTED that it would definitely run 10s so I'm pumped. :banana: :dw:

Oh hell that reminds me of one that happened to me and my bro. We took my 66 351 coupe out for fun one day and the damned battery died at the local gas station. Well, this kid who works there occasionally with his family was there and asked if we needed a jump. So he pulls his black Dodge Durango non-hemi around and tries to give us a jump. His battery is weak so he says he'll give us a ride back to my bro's house so we can try another car. On the way to the house, he proceeds to tell us how he can "lift the tires THREE FEET off the ground" when he gets on it. We both just kinda nodded and said cool man.
Honestly though, how can you be that stupid. It's not like me and my brother were a couple ricers in a Tercel. I told him all kinds of stuff about what I had done to my Mustang as he looked at the perfectly shined and chromed motor, we were obviously car guys. Anways, me and my brother still mention him and he has been honorably nicknamed "3 Feet". lol

scottm302

Established Member
JD_2001_svt said:
Oh hell that reminds me of one that happened to me and my bro. We took my 66 351 coupe out for fun one day and the damned battery died at the local gas station. Well, this kid who works there occasionally with his family was there and asked if we needed a jump. So he pulls his black Dodge Durango non-hemi around and tries to give us a jump. His battery is weak so he says he'll give us a ride back to my bro's house so we can try another car. On the way to the house, he proceeds to tell us how he can "lift the tires THREE FEET off the ground" when he gets on it. We both just kinda nodded and said cool man.
Honestly though, how can you be that stupid. It's not like me and my brother were a couple ricers in a Tercel. I told him all kinds of stuff about what I had done to my Mustang as he looked at the perfectly shined and chromed motor, we were obviously car guys. Anways, me and my brother still mention him and he has been honorably nicknamed "3 Feet". lol

Yeah...we affectionately refered to his car as "The incredible flying car" from that point on. :bash:

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
GodStang said:
1) Me and a guy got in an argument. His story was the S2000 is one of the fastest and quickest cars ever made and a 800 hp mustang would have no chance against a stock one. Sad thing was we argued for like 2 hrs.

Sometimes it's better to just walk away. Reminds me of the guy who argued with me that there was no way the Lightnings came stock with an Eaton M-112. He said my truck had a M-45 and that the M-112's were for boat engines only. wtf????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread