What's the general opinion of the SVT Focus?

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Guess I am alone. I hate this car. Whatever you do don't get one. Braking is marginal and almost non existant in the wet, handling isn't that great. My wifes old zx3 handled nearly the same. Problem after problem. So slow it can barely get out of its own way. Fuel mileage isn't very good either.

It sounds like there may actually be some issues with your particular car.

By marginal wet weather braking do you mean due to wet rotors and poor braking? Even Mercedes Benz has issues with that, that's why their cars automatically apply the brakes when they sense rain.

A standard ZX3 will NOT handle anywhere near as well as an SVT unless the SVT has blown struts or really bad tires.

And it's certainly not as slow as you make out which makes me think you might have something else going on, more than likely an issue with the IMRC.

They aren't rocketships in a straight line but it more than gets out of it's own way assuming it's running right.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
LOVE mine....i bought it about 4 years ago with about 32k miles and now just turned 130k miles. I replaced the timing belt myself at 106k miles, belt looked brand new and did all the pullies associated with the drive and timing belt. Still on stock clutch....about to replace the cv halfshafts.

Handling is AMAZING...if I get the halfshafts done before Nov I'm going to take it on the open track and see a stock SVTF compares to the Cobra with MM goodies.

I get about 28mpg and drive about 100 miles Mon-Fri. It rides great, has an awesome sound system and is very peppy. I would definately get one.....right now I'm really wanting to get another one....a 5 door.

Users who are viewing this thread