whats the differences between vodka,whiskey,etc

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
What are the differences? Like between Whiskey and Vodka?

the differences is the flavor/strength.

vodka is a smoother clear liquid, mixes well with fruits.

whiskey, cognac, rye, bourbon, etc... are all usually a dark "amber" liquid that have a good burn wen they go down===my drink of choice

rum is another type, theres white rums or spiced rums, i dont like rum.

any other questions?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Yeah, not just different terms, they are different THINGS.

Just get some crown and call it a night.

canibus

Established Member
put it this way

Your girlfriend is having a piña colada with rum

Your brother in college is drinking vodka

After a long day of hard work your dad is drinking whiskey

Your grandpa is drinking fine cognac

These drinks i've noticed tend to grab a certain group. don't take me wrong all of the above would drink anything at the bar it all just depends on the mood.

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
I had a Grey Goose Cran last night and that was very good. 2 glasses and I was feeling numb and very good. My friend has Hennesy VSOP or something. What is Jager considered? I don't like the ones that burn your throat. Jack Daniels, took a shot of that, ****ed my mouth up!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I went a little over the edge last night to say the least. Bought the 5th for a Christmas party, had 1 cran/vod and then the girls got a hold of the bottle and it was all over after that, lol!

They got me to join them in taking a double shot of it :bash: which is a big nono when drinking that stuff, but no one really gave a crap at that point. Girls can get you to do pretty much anything though especially when you've been drinking. :-D

It was a good night all in all though.:banana:

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Vodka is classically distilled from potato mash, but other ingredients can be/are used. Whiskey (or Whisky, depending on the type) is sort of an umbrella term for a variety of distilled spirits derived from a general cereal-grain mash. Bourbon, specifically, must be from at least 51% corn mash. Tequilla is from a blue agave cactus mash. Rum is distilled from sugar cane. Gin from juniper berries, Port from grapes, brandy from another fortified grape liquor, etc...

The color typically comes from aging, where the liquor picks up color and taste from the type of cask it comes from.

The burn associated with a liquor is usually due to immature aging, or just shitty liquor (re: Everclear).

The term lager is a beer term (all together different), and describes the type of yeast used. A lager uses yeast that sinks to the bottom of the fermenting container, while an Ale uses a yeast that remains at the top.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I had a Grey Goose Cran last night and that was very good. 2 glasses and I was feeling numb and very good. My friend has Hennesy VSOP or something. What is Jager considered? I don't like the ones that burn your throat. Jack Daniels, took a shot of that, ****ed my mouth up!

Jager is made from 56 herbs, fruits, woods, barks and roots. Sounds kinda gross when you think about it. I quit drinking it because it made me do stupid things. It makes me a hyper drunk unlike whiskey which makes me a mellow happy drunk.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Jager is made from 56 herbs, fruits, woods, barks and roots. Sounds kinda gross when you think about it. I quit drinking it because it made me do stupid things. It makes me a hyper drunk unlike whiskey which makes me a mellow happy drunk.

Vodka/Red Bull does it to me. Nothing like finding an outdoor rock climbing wall at 3am and climbing half way up it without gear.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread