Whats the best Sealant for t-56 case

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
Will be replacing the TOB annd retainer sleeve the weekend. What has everyone been using to seal the t-56 case? I was just going to pick up some GM grey Silicone should this be fine?

Looking for something that has a quick set time wont leak but will not need a jack hammer to get apart down the road.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Send an e-mail to Tremec and ask them...

The last manual trans I rebuilt was a T-5 and I used Ultra Copper - it sealed just fine. If you want to be 100% sure, let Tremec tell you or check out the service manual and see if it mentions a specific RTV.

svtvm03

Established Member
great stuff by permatex silcone that is what i used it will never leak and it is a bitch to come apart. good stuff.

gt347mustang

Established Member
Be sure both surfaces are perfectly flat and super clean then a thin bead of black or grey permatex is your friend!

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
i used grey rvt from the dodge house its made for gear housing like a transfer case or diff covers, i think it was 12 bucks, works great and i dd my car with no problems

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
great stuff by permatex silcone that is what i used it will never leak and it is a bitch to come apart. good stuff.

^^^^^^^^^THIS! "Great Stuff" by Permatex is the ultimate sealant. It's a bit pricey, but really worth it for no leaks.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread