whats the best sc kit for an 06 gt

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

Stang925

Established Member
I think you should go with a whipple. its an awsome setup, also customer service i heard is great. cant go wrong with a whipple lol

JimmyJ

Established Member
And here is a video of the worst blower the KENNE BELL
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ST-Motorsports-Kenne-Bell_173873.htm"]ST Motorsports Kenne Bell powered S197 9.50@142mph - Video[/ame]

killbee

Established Member
The Saleen blower sucks. Doesn't matter who tunes it (But the KB is the worst). The Whipple is our positive displacement blower of choice and you cannot go wrong. Easy install and with mods can easily reach the 500 rwhp goal. One of my personal S197s has a Paxton on it and I make 515 wheel and have had it on since mile 4 and the car now has 26,000 miles and has been to every track known within 500 miles. We have several blower cars making just over 500 safely and the Whipple with headers and some other good power mods is a pretty great daily set up.

Just our 2 cents.................

Just wondering how much boost are you running on your Paxton setup? I also am running the Paxton HO kit in my 05 automatic GT and putting down 405 rwhp at 10psi.
Thanks

killbee

Established Member
im wanting top mount and was wondering what would be the best kit for the money.I have looked at the different brands and was looking to get some info please help

Go with the Whipple kit from Lethal Performance or the Saleen kit from Brenspeed if you want a top mount. Both kits and vendors are great. Make sure you upgrade your fuel system to at least the GT500 pump kit. I went with the Paxton kit myself from Brenspeed to save about $1000 over the others. I installed it myself and couldnt be happier, plenty of power and a very nice sound.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
The Saleen blower sucks. Doesn't matter who tunes it (But the KB is the worst). The Whipple is our positive displacement blower of choice and you cannot go wrong. Easy install and with mods can easily reach the 500 rwhp goal. One of my personal S197s has a Paxton on it and I make 515 wheel and have had it on since mile 4 and the car now has 26,000 miles and has been to every track known within 500 miles. We have several blower cars making just over 500 safely and the Whipple with headers and some other good power mods is a pretty great daily set up.

This may be a dumb Q given the section we are in, but are you sure you aren't thinking about the 99-04 New Edge Roots Saleen blower? The05+ TS's are great blowers.:shrug:

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
I have a Whipple 2.3 H.O Kit and love it!!!

Numbers are in my sig. On only 10lbs... I seem to think that is really good numbers.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
I pulled the trigger on a Vortech with meth injection. Once it's all installed, I'll let you guys know what it's like. Shooting for the 450-475 rwhp range.

JoePac

Established Member
KB's and Whipples are the best top mount superchargers(roots style) I favor KB!!! Saleens or nice but out after 12-14p.s.i.(before that provide good power)
I don't like centri's trq curve.

Last edited:

PACETTR

Established Member
Saleen S/C tuned by JDM with a 3.2" (12psi) pulley.
Due to the longtubes it has around 10-11psi.
It's putting down 500/475 and has been on the car for nearly 2 years, 20,000 miles and 800+ 1/4 mile runs.

The car ran a best of 11.427 @ 119.92 with a 1.61 60' when it had the 3.4" pulley on it with 4.10's 2 years ago.

It's been running 3.55's for the last year and it's going in for a tru-trac, moser axles and fresh 4.10's tomorrow morning.

It ran an 11.48 @ 124.343 3 weeks ago on a 1.81 60' on a bad spin so it should be good for low 11's

What are you smokin?
JDM has quit a few stock motor Saleen Blower Mustangs running in the 10s.
Get your together before you start spreading info like that.

P.S.
Lets see a time slip

Tell that to our FOUR

stock motor
10 second
FULL WEIGHT STREET CAR
REGISTERED, TAGGED, INSURED

Tell that to our couple hundred 11.50 and quicker kick you out of the track for no rollbar Saleen cars.

Tell that to our 9.85 "race" car that's also full weight, no nitrous, no meth, street driven, registered, tagged, insured car. Or the even milder one going 10.17 with 250lbs. of ballast weights.

The Saleen blown cars are running down KB, Whipple, Roush 1.7 and 2.3, turbo, and centri cars with 100hp less in some cases. What's a big dyno if you can't run the number?

One of those first four I mentioned is going 10.80s with 480whp. Show me another blower doing anywhere close to that on a full weight street car.

Just my opinion.
Chris @ JDM

Do you want to line that Paxton up with my STOCK MOTOR Saleen supercharged car? Oh wait, you are on the other side of the country. I wish you were local so you can see how a Saleen blown JDM car performs down the track.

Saleen...:rockon:

I pulled the trigger on a Vortech with meth injection. Once it's all installed, I'll let you guys know what it's like. Shooting for the 450-475 rwhp range.

So you wanted a "top mount" and you bought a Vortech?!? :kaboom:

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Saleen S/C tuned by JDM with a 3.2" (12psi) pulley.
Due to the longtubes it has around 10-11psi.
It's putting down 500/475 and has been on the car for nearly 2 years, 20,000 miles and 800+ 1/4 mile runs.

The car ran a best of 11.427 @ 119.92 with a 1.61 60' when it had the 3.4" pulley on it with 4.10's 2 years ago.

It's been running 3.55's for the last year and it's going in for a tru-trac, moser axles and fresh 4.10's tomorrow morning.

It ran an 11.48 @ 124.343 3 weeks ago on a 1.81 60' on a bad spin so it should be good for low 11's

In the interest of keeping the information current I ran a new best time of 11.139 last fall on the last day of the season.
I backed it up with an 11.140 and an 11.141 so that's 3 runs within 0.002 on a 5 speed manual.
The setup hasn't changed at all but I have been playing with the pinion angle a little bit along with the shock settings.
The car is still running the front swaybar and 18" wheels with 275/40 18" tires.
The video isn't my best run but it's the best I have on video.
DSCN0437.jpg

th_P1020403-1.jpg

Last edited:

JimmyJ

Established Member
Thumper
Thats some big time MPH!!
That thing is really running on the back half.
What gear and tire size are you running?

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Thumper
Thats some big time MPH!!
That thing is really running on the back half.
What gear and tire size are you running?
Sorry I forgot to mention that the mph clocks were way off.
I normally trap 98-99 1/8th 125-126 1/4
It was the last day of the season.
We were only 15 or so cars so they only set up one lane and did a half assed job of it too.
I'm running 4.10's and a 28" E.T Drags.

Last edited:

dizzygoat

Established Member
so, who makes the Ford Racing supercharger for the 08-09 mustangs? I checked their site and it appears to be a whipple unit, but nothing backs that up in writing. Is this a quality kit to have for a stock motor car? What kinds of times do you think it can run?
I dont care much for dyno numbers, its the track times that matter to me.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread