whats the best sc kit for an 06 gt

Shojr

Established Member
im wanting top mount and was wondering what would be the best kit for the money.I have looked at the different brands and was looking to get some info please help

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Whipple thats what i run and love it. If you go through the dealer for install you can retain your warrenty now but I would still take it to a good dyno shop and get it tuned. Ford tune is way to conservative.

Hrannar

Badass 03 Cobra
Established Member
Whipple thats what i run and love it. If you go through the dealer for install you can retain your warrenty now but I would still take it to a good dyno shop and get it tuned. Ford tune is way to conservative.
Yeah Whipple is the way to go.. The car is just like stock driving it and the gas mileage is about the same.. this is my brothers car with Whipple 10 psi.. best 1/4 time.. 11.46 and the car is nearly stock except for the SC and Exhaust

2598825810_7597dd35ca.jpg

2598822664_9230d0cf99.jpg

Shojr

Established Member
Yeah Whipple is the way to go.. The car is just like stock driving it and the gas mileage is about the same.. this is my brothers car with Whipple 10 psi.. best 1/4 time.. 11.46 and the car is nearly stock except for the SC and Exhaust

2598825810_7597dd35ca.jpg

2598822664_9230d0cf99.jpg

what kind of power is he making with that setup

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
what kind of power is he making with that setup

I'd also like to know, that whipple and exhaust and the bottem end has not blown up yet? I didn't think the S-197's had the bottem end strength as the cobra's did.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
I'd also like to know, that whipple and exhaust and the bottem end has not blown up yet? I didn't think the S-197's had the bottem end strength as the cobra's did.

The bottom end of the 3v can take up to about 500 rwhp. Someone on corral.net is running 510 rwhp with a KB for months now. It's really all in the tune (to an extent). Most tuners are tuning between 440-475 rwhp.

Hrannar

Badass 03 Cobra
Established Member
470-490.. The car is tuned by Justin at VMP tuning and the AF is 11.1-3 at WOT on 93 pump gas.. we always drive the car with the 8 psi pulley but on racedays the 10 psi.. There is no problem with the car and I would never buy another Blower than Twinscrew.. instant throttle response and power at all rpm :banana: but in the winter we will build the motor so he can drive the car always on 12 psi and 16 on racedays :rolling:

The Mod list is
Whipple H.O kit
BBK headers
Pypes x-pipe
Pypes Mid-muffler exhaust
BBK Throttle body( will be replaced by Widemouth)
Stock Auto
Stock Diff 3.31( 3.55 going in)
CHE UCA/LCA

Thats all :rockon:

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Saleen S/C tuned by JDM with a 3.2" (12psi) pulley.
Due to the longtubes it has around 10-11psi.
It's putting down 500/475 and has been on the car for nearly 2 years, 20,000 miles and 800+ 1/4 mile runs.

The car ran a best of 11.427 @ 119.92 with a 1.61 60' when it had the 3.4" pulley on it with 4.10's 2 years ago.

It's been running 3.55's for the last year and it's going in for a tru-trac, moser axles and fresh 4.10's tomorrow morning.

It ran an 11.48 @ 124.343 3 weeks ago on a 1.81 60' on a bad spin so it should be good for low 11's

Impulse GT

Established Member
The Saleen blower sucks. Doesn't matter who tunes it (But the KB is the worst). The Whipple is our positive displacement blower of choice and you cannot go wrong. Easy install and with mods can easily reach the 500 rwhp goal. One of my personal S197s has a Paxton on it and I make 515 wheel and have had it on since mile 4 and the car now has 26,000 miles and has been to every track known within 500 miles. We have several blower cars making just over 500 safely and the Whipple with headers and some other good power mods is a pretty great daily set up.

Just our 2 cents.................

JimmyJ

Established Member
The Saleen blower sucks. Doesn't matter who tunes it (But the KB is the worst). The Whipple is our positive displacement blower of choice and you cannot go wrong. Easy install and with mods can easily reach the 500 rwhp goal. One of my personal S197s has a Paxton on it and I make 515 wheel and have had it on since mile 4 and the car now has 26,000 miles and has been to every track known within 500 miles. We have several blower cars making just over 500 safely and the Whipple with headers and some other good power mods is a pretty great daily set up.

What are you smokin?
JDM has quit a few stock motor Saleen Blower Mustangs running in the 10s.
Get your $hit together before you start spreading info like that.

P.S.
Lets see a time slip

95PGTTech

Established Member

Tell that to our FOUR

stock motor
10 second
FULL WEIGHT STREET CAR
REGISTERED, TAGGED, INSURED

Tell that to our couple hundred 11.50 and quicker kick you out of the track for no rollbar Saleen cars.

Tell that to our 9.85 "race" car that's also full weight, no nitrous, no meth, street driven, registered, tagged, insured car. Or the even milder one going 10.17 with 250lbs. of ballast weights.

The Saleen blown cars are running down KB, Whipple, Roush 1.7 and 2.3, turbo, and centri cars with 100hp less in some cases. What's a big dyno if you can't run the number?

One of those first four I mentioned is going 10.80s with 480whp. Show me another blower doing anywhere close to that on a full weight street car.

Just my opinion.
Chris @ JDM

againstallodds1

Established Member

Do you want to line that Paxton up with my STOCK MOTOR Saleen supercharged car? Oh wait, you are on the other side of the country. I wish you were local so you can see how a Saleen blown JDM car performs down the track.

Impulse GT

Established Member
Wow!!!!! Didn't mean to start a freakin war over blowers. Just my experience with Saleen in general as well as their warranty policies as well as their quality control and their tunes.

I just answered a guys question about blowers. As for the quality of the Saleen blower, it blows ass and without a company like JDM stepping up and going through it AND the tune and hoping nothing goes wrong with it from Saleen, they blow. And NOT EVERYONE gives a s**t how they handle down the 1320!!! Some people just want a fun fast street car.

Also, there is more to life than drag racing. What is it with east coast guys? No wonder I moved out the the west coast! Jesus man, DRIVE THE CAR!! make a turn for Christ's sake! And show me one respectable road race S197 running a Saleen blower?!?!?!?!?!?

Also, quarter miles cars even at "full weight" are crappy street cars. I can unbolt my sway bars and slap on some MT's as well and run pretty decent times. But I'd rather have big brakes and sticky tires and run circles around you guys and then leave with the 3 hottest girls at the track and not worry about where i need to fit my slicks to take them home with me.

;-)

95PGTTech

Established Member
Do you want to line that Paxton up with my STOCK MOTOR Saleen supercharged car? Oh wait, you are on the other side of the country. I wish you were local so you can see how a Saleen blown JDM car performs down the track.

Bring a stock motor'd s197 of any kind up against this man. I dare you. The epitome of installed right, setup up right, tuned right, maintained right, good owner paying attention, driver mod.

As far as your comments go, how many have you installed, tuned, repaired, driven, raced, etc? Your opinion is baseless and worthless. We have had ONE Saleen blower have a problem in over a couple hundred installs here (intercooler cracked the welds in a 9 second car). We have had people puke motors and the blowers suck up pieces of shrapnel and survive.

Granted, Saleen's factory tuning is bad by our standards, but so is any aftermarket manufacturer - you have to write a tune with a lawyer standing over your shoulder - we improve KB, Whipple, Ford Racing, in fact the only tunes we really even see turn out half decent are the Roush ones, and they do so much crap locking up those PCMs it gets annoying trying to do mail order tunes for them.

All of our cars are street cars. And not gutted Foxbody one working taillight no a/c no p/s no alternator longtubes with dumps 5.80 geared 4mpg monsters that people claim to drive on the street. These are registered, insured, tagged vehicles. I have a customer in Maine, Fred, who pulls the front wheels of his Mustang GT with 20" stock Saleen wheels. He has the retarted big 15" Saleen front brake kit, the Speedcraft N2 suspension system, a Watts Link, it's a stick car and handles like it's on rails for a Mustang. Most of these cars are stock wheels with drag radials on them, very few swap a set of big&littles at the track in ten minutes. And in terms of making a car fast, the 1/4 mile is all that matters. We're not all cool like you hanging out with our Supra buddies making 100mph rolling starts on the highway because we can't run the number at the track. The 1/4 mile is the only legitimate way (well, 1/8) to measure how fast or quick one car is to another, nothing else matters. That's like saying you can run fast in qualifying but not in the rounds, what does it matter? If you're afraid of putting on drag radials at the track, go race on the highway and leave the big boys alone. Going to the track on street tires is like screwing without a condom.

Impulse GT

Established Member
Why is it that Mustang guys think the only legitimate form of racing is quarter mile?!?!?!? I never said I like hanging out with my Supra buddies (agreed they are almost all dyno queens) and run on highways. But there ARE other forms of racing that the Mustang does quite well with. Take a look at the American Iron Series. Those cars are fast as hell and can f&^% up just about anything out there but the race last for hours. And that is the true test of a buidler like me. Make a high horsepower car that works and can be abused for hours at a time in a real endurance race. ALL manufacturers aim for their cars to be tried in these courts. Not in quarter mile. Factory backing only exists in endurance racing. Look at the highest form a real motorsports (leave NASCAR **** out) Formula 1, LeMans, Sebring, ALMS, Speed World Challenge, Nurburgring. All road course cars and endurance racing. This is where we play. I've had my fun at the quarter mile but the race is over before you know it. Drag racing is like premature ejaculation, its over before you have any fun! And we go for HOURS!

Users who are viewing this thread