whats the best place to have your blower ported?

Blown00BlkBolt

Established Member
I was just wondering where is the best place to have my blower ported? I've seen alot of "apten" modded blowers and I just found out that "rpm outlet" also provides that service for a little less cash. Is there any diff. in power & what can I expect? RMP states approx. 35hp?:shrug:

FORDP51

Established Member
Go with Apten...Call Brian. Several people have had their blowers F**ked up by people "porting" blowers, that don't know what they are doing.

FORDP51

Established Member
Larry, didn't you post recently about someone complaining about lost performance do to crap porting??

BlueOvalBill

Established Member
Originally posted by FORDP51
Go with Apten...Call Brian.

Brian's not with Apten anymore. He's with Superchips now. But I think Apten is still a great place to get your blower ported. If you do a search in the Terminator forum there are several threads about blower porting, including one by someone who is very disappointed with a port job done by a vendor other than Apten.

Blown00BlkBolt

Established Member
Thanks for setting me straight on the port issue. What kind of power no. can I expect with an apten, 4# lower, silver bullet ala carte, and a drop in k&n filter. So far I have done the boost bypass and the cat back & k&n drop in filter - 13.80 @ 99mph 60ft of 2.01 stock f1s with the tailgate and spare in place and temps around 60. what can I expect with the above mods + traction?

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
First off, I would invest in a set of DR's. That 60 is only going to get worse with more power and no traction.

But you should be in the mid 12's with a decent driver and a good tune.

Users who are viewing this thread