What's the best gaming system these days?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
360 has better usability than the PS3. I hate the PS3 menu system with passion, its retarded.

Graphics are lesser for the 360 though, but only slightly. The only games that truly use the PS3 to its potential are PS3 only games so its hard to compare.

you pay a fee for XBlive vs free for PSN but from what ive seen, XBlive is a far better network.

Kinect > any other motion device. Especially the light up dildo's that the PS3 uses. Cant wait to see what the next gen Kinect will do, should be able to read finger movements down to around 2-3mm.

Im an ex-PC gamer that got sick of having to **** with drivers and hardware issues and finding shitty servers just to have some type of multiplayer experience. Lugging 30lb gaming rigs and monitors to lan parties got old quick.

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
I prefer PS3 Love the controller and blu ray
But the Xbox360 has MUCH better online play because you have to pay

65fastback2+2

Established Member
love my ps3

and as far as online vs. online, the only thing Ive found different from ps3 to xbox is ps3 doesnt really have group party chat

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think the 360's menu is retarded and the PS3s is very simple. They're almost set up the same but Xbox just made theirs just look retarded and harder to read.

Online for both is the same. I play 360 just as much as I do PS3 and I've never noticed one console having more lag or dropped games than the other. In fact while playing BF3 I only experienced rubberbanding once or trwice the first few days it was out and they fixed it and that was it. I think the game might have dedicated servers which makes it better, but how can you complain? Free online play with no lag, its perfect.

PS3 allows for internet browsing, video chat, 3D gaming and movies, bluray of course, but I hardly use it because I use either Netflix or Vudu movie service that's on it. You can rent or buy the newest movies as they come out rather than paying a monthly fee like Netflix requires. 360 has Netflix but I'm not sure about the other one, and both have Hulu.

I mess with other things on my PS3 just as much as I do play games. I've played around with the 360 and there's not much to do but play games which it does just fine at.

I prefer the PS3 for all its extra features and sleek design and interface.

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Ps3 ftw. Love the system easy to use free online. Blu-ray great high definition. Basically have all the same games just a few that one has that the other doesn't.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

BM1

Established Member
Yep. That and hold the controllers and see which one feels better to you. I've always preferred the 360 controller.

schwaebz98

ドリフト
Established Member
I have had both a 360 and a PS3

I first got the 360, and it died shortly after. Was fixed for free. I didn't care for the controller, since I think it was really similar to the first xbox's s control, which i loathed. Its appetite for batteries is a downer too. I felt the build quality wasn't as good. On the microphone headset, the mouthpiece and earpiece foam discolored, and the other side snapped off. On the system, the flap door for the usb inserts partially broke; the spring fell out the back. Xbox Live worked pretty well, but i was annoyed that i could not access netflix when my membership had ran out (since i do have a netflix account).
Graphics are good as above mentioned, no blu ray player. detachable hard drive.

I traded it in for a used PS3, an earlier 60 gig model, since they are backwards compatible with ps 1 and 2 games(i think later is just ps1 games). The build quality is better, and i like that the you can keep the control plugged into the system(i never understood the big deal about wireless controllers). They changed the control slightly, and to me for the worse. Some controls have no rumble, and the R2/L2 buttons click downward, both of which is a bit strange. There is a newer controller that has rumble. Sony also makes an adapter to re-use ps2 controllers. On Sony made adapters, there is a memory card adapter, which i love. It awesome being able to put all your saved ps1 and 2 data on the ps3 Harddrive, play your older games, then copy the save data back to the card (one big reason for the switch to ps3). Also, no region coding, so if you are inclined, you can play japanese and eurpoean games on your us system. To top it off psn is free, allowing me to use netflix with no hassle. Keep in mind, i have an older ps3, so not all can apply to a newer one

and i have no input on any motion devices.

and yes, i prefer the ps3, it has a bigger selection of jrpgs and rpgs

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
I have had a ps3 for about 3 years and had an xbox 360 for about two months. For me, the multimedia capabilities of the ps3 far outweigh the moderately better gaming experience of the 360.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
You will get the same post bashing on each before too long if it hasnt happened already, I didnt read. Go play both, see what you want in a system and go with that one.

92z28

Established Member
Get the one that more of your friends have. If you have no friends the default choice is PC.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Well PC is the best gaming system to be technical about it. PC hardware/video card sales have gone way up in the past year due to the aging console boxes. But XBOX360 I think has the best online experience.

Last edited:

stangliter04

Established Member
PS3 is a better all around system... If you're only using it for gaming then I don't think you can go wrong with either but having owned them both I prefer the PS3 as a whole.

GTCobraClone

Established Member
As said by many already. Both consoles have there number of followers. For me, Ive played both, the PS3 has more things to take advantage from. Online experience I didnt see any difference in performance. The good thing about the PS3 is that the online play is free. The blue ray, free online play, and games was the decision maker for me.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I have both. I play the xbox more because my friends have xbox's.

Both are good machines. Xbox has a better online service and (to me) more comfortable controllers, and the best motion technology available. PS3 has blu-ray.

If you plan to play online, find out what your friends have and get that system.

Users who are viewing this thread