Whats the best blu-ray player?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ive seen some of the top of the line players going for 2k, but it's known that the PS3 is the best quality BR player for the price.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I have the Sony one, no problems with it. I think its one of the best ones. I don't have too many Blu-Rays, and I watch a lot of DVDs I already have and it upscales them well. Got it brand new on Black Friday for $187.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

The PS3 has one of the highest quality players on the market. That's why it's considered the best player for the money.

Jroc

Established Member
ROFL @ people acting like the PS3 isn't the best bang for the buck Blu Ray player on the market.

I would atleast buy a Sony Blu Ray player if you choose not to go with the PS3.

Still IMO people who are looking to buy a new Blu Ray player and its not a PS3 are full retard.

Last edited:

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
Some people could give 2 shits about a PS3.
They want a BluRay player, not a VG console, not a media center....player only.

Sony/Samsung ... I concur.

hunterp

Established Member
Not a console game player, so no PS3 here. I'm pretty happy with my Samsung player. Good quality and very fast load times for blu-ray discs.

Jroc

Established Member
Some people could give 2 shits about a PS3.
They want a BluRay player, not a VG console, not a media center....player only.

Sony/Samsung ... I concur.

If someone wouldn't give two pieces of doo doo for a PS3 then they really are stupid. If someone offered me a 360 for two pieces of doo doo I would defanently give it to them.

Still your point is irrelevant because a PS3 is still "THE BEST" Blu Ray player you can buy for its price. $200 dollar Blu Ray players aren't as good as the PS3's Blu Ray player.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i'd go with a ps3 just because it does a lot more than just play movies. also, remember that its firmware can be updated via the internet, so no matter what they add (blu-ray 2.0, for example) the ps3 will be able to take full advantage of it.

I'd go with a PS3 because it's a media center. But be aware that there has been a decent amount of failure rates with the player.

2 percent is a decent amount?

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
If someone wouldn't give two pieces of doo doo for a PS3 then they really are stupid. If someone offered me a 360 for two pieces of doo doo I would defanently give it to them.

Still your point is irrelevant because a PS3 is still "THE BEST" Blu Ray player you can buy for its price. $200 dollar Blu Ray players aren't as good as the PS3's Blu Ray player.

:lol::lol::lol:
How's that koolaid taste.
Why even mention the 360, this has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand?

So yeah...back to the original topic, standalone players...stick with Sony or Samsung
Sony's BDPS360 is a nice brand new player (even the older 350 is a REALLY nice unit)
Most new players will have either wireless or an ethernet jack for upgrading their firmware.
Profile 2.0 at the very least

Last edited:
Someone post the blu-ray specs for the PS3. I want to see why it is supposedly much better to buy a $400 PS3 than a $150-$190 1080p HDMI stand-alone blu ray player.

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a Samsung and it's a nice unit. Just make note you will have to update the player every so often. I bought it in December and rented 'Quantum of Solace' in April and it wouldn't play, went on Samsungs website followed the instructions and voila it played fine.

Users who are viewing this thread