What's my 04 Comp Orange cpe worth?

Bobrammer

Established Member
I'm thinking about selling the Cobra simply because it's not getting used. Has right at 3,000 mature adult miles. Many quality , tasteful mods. (See below) What do you guys think is a reasonable price? I'm in Dallas. Thanks! RGR

Last edited:

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
$34,980 says Kelley Blue Book, but good luck trying to get that for it. Since everyone has been selling them at extremely low prices.

99BOSS

Established Member
I you really want to sell it, wait a few months. With no new Cobras being made or left on the lots, I think the values on the 03/04 will stabilize somewhat. There will be a lot of people out there wanting a Cobra. Couple that with a rare color and you could prolly do ok on selling it. Just my thoughts. Later!

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
With current rebates, people have been reporting new '04 coupe purchases between 28,500 - 30,000. It's hard to imagine your car would ever sell for any more than that when people can just go find a new one for the same price.

I know your car has mods, but those usually don't translate into much when it comes time to sell. Unless someone in your area is specifically looking for a lightly modded orange coupe...this is going to be a tough time to sell if you insist on getting top dollar. Yes...the comp orange is a "limited" color, but it also seems to fall into that "love it or hate it" category. So marketing it might actually be a little more difficult than selling the usual color Cobra.

Just my $.02...

-Greg

Fuerza

Established Member
Hey, trade me cars then sell mine, its mod less except for an catback.

:-D

Bobrammer

Established Member
My asking price.

Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to ask $30K for the car.
All mods included except my Valentine.;-) I also have a Diablo Predator. 1 of 282 coupes in Competition Orange. Everybody who has seen it in person has loved it. Drop me a note if you're interested. Thanks, RGR

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob, list it over in the Market forum, too. Maybe on some of the other Mustang forums as well. Best of luck. Hope you get close to what you asking.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Best of luck with the sale. Be patient and the car will sell. :thumbsup:

Be sure to market it on websites other than this one. This is a great place to gather information, but isn't exactly the best place to sell a Cobra for top dollar. We are great people over here, but most of us don't want to to pay fair market value for anything. ;-) Get that thing into the Auto Trader. You might also try listing it on the Corral or modularfords.com. Believe it or not, ls1.com isn't a bad place to try, either. Lots of f-body guys are looking to come over to the dark side! One thing's for sure...you need some nice pictures to make the sale...so get some images hosted somewhere and let the car speak for itself! :-D

-Greg

Users who are viewing this thread