What's it worth in a year or two-Opinions

Eleanor14

Established Member
I know this is very general, but I was wondering what others think a loaded 2014 GT500 would be worth in about 2 year with let's say 18K miles on it? Let's assume that Ford doesn't build a monster like the 13/14 Shelby for a while. What do you think the bottom would be for these cars in the future? Keep in mind I'm talking about one with most options.

OaktownACE

Established Member
I know this is very general, but I was wondering what others think a loaded 2014 GT500 would be worth in about 2 year with let's say 18K miles on it? Let's assume that Ford doesn't build a monster like the 13/14 Shelby for a while. What do you think the bottom would be for these cars in the future? Keep in mind I'm talking about one with most options.

Search is your friend. There have been some great posts by people who know a lot more than the common man about this subject.

Krieger

Established Member
Trend for these cars (without considering mileage and other variables) seems to be:
usedPrice=((MSRP * 0.88) * (1 - ((CurrentYear - ModelYear) * 0.06)))

They will always sell for what people are willing to pay (what the market will bear).

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
well... seeing a post about a 49K trade in on a 14. I'd say 40k trade, 45-50 retail.

modded up, expect less.

jbs$

Established Member
The goal is to enjoy the hell out of the 18K miles and two years of ownership. Never purchase a car, that is less than thirty years old, as an investment.

5BANERZ

Established Member
The real question is what is this car worth in 50 years? I've told my wife there is no need for a casket, just throw my ass behind the wheel and bury me in the car. I'm thinking she will sell the car and bury me in a wooden box if I keep calling Van for parts every other day. :lol:

SD_Stang

Established Member
2 years they will still be catching near new prices. Finding Bone Stock ones with low miles will be the trick. I'm sure they will be out there but finding them will be the task. I'm sure a collectors already have a good amount set aside.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
2 years they will still be catching near new prices. Finding Bone Stock ones with low miles will be the trick. I'm sure they will be out there but finding them will be the task. I'm sure a collectors already have a good amount set aside.

Nope.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member

Don't be so naive

Silver_Bullet

Established Member
I see a max of $50k for a mint 2 yr old GT500. Far less if a new SVT comes out with better performance (which is very likely). Our cars will not be the next Toyota Supra.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I see a max of $50k for a mint 2 yr old GT500. Far less if a new SVT comes out with better performance (which is very likely). Our cars will not be the next Toyota Supra.

I think it be around $50k in 2 years. And since this is what is do... I'd bank on it.

$45-46k for base model cars with low miles
$49-52k for SVTPP cars with low miles.

jbs$

Established Member
In five years, many of the the low mileage, un-modified cars will be sold by older original buyers whose life styles and needs have changed.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Well, it depends on what you use to value the car. If you use a generic value book/system that is designed to quickly depreciate volume produced new cars so that dealers can move brand new units right behind them not much.

If I've said it a thousand times, there is absolutely no way a mass car valuation guide or auction can really determine the value of something so few were made of. You are a moron if you trade in your 13/14 Shelby, or any other limited produced car, based on a generic book or main stream auto auction that was designed to value and move used Fusions and Camrys, not limited production cars. The dealers and the value guides work hand in hand to quickly depreciate old stock to move new stock.

There were only 10,570 of these cars and many are already gone. Us owners can control the market of these cars IF we sell or trade in our cars smartly. If most owners who want/have to sell make their buyers pay a premium for their rare car then the other cars not for sale will be worth a premium. Right now the dealers and their generic value guides have the upper hand because new MY14 units remain unsold. Once those new units are gone however, us owners will have the open hand. Unless the next Top Dog is just an absolute monster. The only thing that will drastically depreciate these cars is if the next gen Top Dog is an all around better model. While I do think the next gen Cobra/whatever will be a great car, I do not believe it will trump this one in a few key areas.

I do know mine is worth twice what I paid for it. As it will not leave my hands for less than that. :beer:

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
The flash in the pan people will be gone in a few short years and the cheap numbers they take for their cars added to the modded about to pop dealer told me we ain't fixing shit on your car type affects on value will go by the way side and then the true factors of worth will show up. Don't know if I will be happy with those numbers then or not but It will be a while before true worth surfaces. In my opinion. Talked to an owner of a brand new hottest latest Vette yesterday he confirmed my belief having just traded his 13 GT500 in and taking a beating in my mind did retail retail and told me they changed it to wholesale wholesale to save him tax money. So the wholesale number gets into the system and distorts the numbers.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
If you own a build that they only made a few of, and someone else wants really bad, its worth more than if you own a triple black fully loaded that will come up for sale every other month. (Although I happen to like triple black a lot.)

Other than that, they made a lot of these cars. No one here has a crystal ball. Its all a wild guess. Having multiple people guessing the same isn't going to make it any more a reality.

Just enjoy it!

qnitro

Established Member
The goal is to enjoy the hell out of the 18K miles and two years of ownership. Never purchase a car, that is less than thirty years old, as an investment.

Thats why I restore cars too..

BF50A9AA-038C-431C-8B4B-5C21019EF710-23078-0000107836506156_zpsb49bb425.gif

Users who are viewing this thread