What's it worth, 2009 GT500

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
What's going on guys? My dad is considering selling his 09 GT500. It's a black on black factory stripe delete car with sub 9,XXX miles. Factory HID lights and Nav system. Mods include 3.4 Whipple Kit, Kooks long tubes, high flow catted X pipe into a Borla Stingers catback. Also has black chrome 18" FR500's with the 10.5" rear wheels. Let me know what you guys think please.
Shelby .jpgShelby engine.jpgShelby exterior.jpgShelby2.jpg

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'm curious to what's the logic was to start a thread inquiring about the value of a 7 year old car in the section about a car that doesn't even exist yet?

I'd ask the admin to move it where it belongs this is embarrassing

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'm curious to what's the logic was to start a thread inquiring about the value of a 7 year old car in the section about a car that doesn't even exist yet?

I'd ask the admin to move it where it belongs this is embarrassing
My bad, it was in RS. I moved it to the wrong section.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Last year of the of that body style, iron block, most likely 3900lb car. It's nice looking with low miles. I'm sure someone will pay mid 30's. It's tough when for 1k or 2 more you can pick up an al block 11.

I would ask 37k and hope you come close to that number.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It looks to be in awesome condition and has some great upgrades. I would say start at 38k.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
What springs are those love the stance. Nice car, love the stripe delete.

Car had them on already when we bought them but previous owner said it had some BMR suspension mods on it. I hope that helps! Thanks man! I really like the stripe delete as well!

Last year of the of that body style, iron block, most likely 3900lb car. It's nice looking with low miles. I'm sure someone will pay mid 30's. It's tough when for 1k or 2 more you can pick up an al block 11.

I would ask 37k and hope you come close to that number.

Yeah I told him the 5.8's are more sought out. Thanks for the compliment and input!

It looks to be in awesome condition and has some great upgrades. I would say start at 38k.

Between the previous owner and my dad it's always been garage kept and my dad doesn't drive it in the rain. He bought it 4 years ago with 5900 miles on it. Also thank you for your input and compliment!

weider1717

Established Member
To the above Iron block is a + I wouldn't consider an aluminum block when I was looking. Weight saving is overcome by the negatives IMO.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Killer set up with the mods! I'd say $37k to the right person looking for that first gen body style. Believe it or not, I made my post w/o reading any of the others. Looks like we are all pretty close in our estimates, after the fact.

Last edited:

weider1717

Established Member
Negatives of the al block?

Yes, your car in 30 years unless you just stop driving it will most likely not maintain it's original block. I would much rather have my original block years down the road. However an iron block can be rebuilt many times over as compared to AB.

Aluminum is never a better option for building big hp it just won't hold the same hp an iron block will.

I can go on but thats the basics like i said weight saving is the ONLY thing an aluminum block has over iron IMO.

Last edited:

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Killer set up with the mods! I'd say $37k to the right person looking for that first gen body style. Believe it or not, I made my post w/o reading any of the others. Looks like we are all pretty close in our estimates, after the fact.

Thanks man! Glad to hear that everyone is about at the same price on this car.

Users who are viewing this thread