whats it take to beat a bike?

V8soul

Really depends on the year and type of liter bike. Me and a couple of my friends did a 4 way race against my buddies 740 whp blown c6 z06 Vette. I was on my gen 4 zx10r with -1 c/s sprocket, de-restricted ecu, slip on and dyno tune (184 whp), my friend was on his 2013 bmw s1000rr with full exhaust and tune (185 whp) and my other friend was on a 2003 gsxr1000 with exhaust, not sure of the whp though.

We gave the Vette the race he wanted since we figured we'd have the advantage. He wanted a 60 roll and no honks, he'd just get the hit and we would follow. 60 was a good spot for him, but kind of shitty for us as its kinda high for first and kinda low for second. 40 would have been better but Owell. He took off and put around a car on us before me and the Beemer would stop the pull and start reeling him. I was able to make it back up to the driver door where I had started originally and figured I'd be able to pull on him through 3rd gear on up, but that's not what happened. We stayed dead even next to each other until we let off at about 178. The gsxr said he was about 2 1/2 bike lengths back. I was surprised the gsxr did so well, but he's a light ****er compared to me and the Beemer rider, we both have him by about 60 pounds. Lol. Had we started at the same time instead of giving him the hit I think we probably would have been ahead by a car or two and held it until we ran out of gear, and the gsxr would have probably been about even. Starting from 40 would have opened it up a lot more. If he had had another 25 whp or so he probably would have inched away in this race, but I would imagine he would need about another 100-150 whp to go toe to toe in a legit race with the zx and bmw.

The gt500 is around 500 pounds more than the z06, so you'd need to run more power than the Vette to make up for it, but if I had to guess, you'd need around 900 whp to take out an older liter bike, and probably about 1100 to take out a newer model flashed zx10r, bmw, or 1199.

Users who are viewing this thread