whats it take to beat a bike?

jason6488

Established Member
like the title says, whats it take to hang with a liter bike? are the 13, 14 shelbys fast enough to show tail lights to the 600 class sport bikes?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
like the title says, whats it take to hang with a liter bike? are the 13, 14 shelbys fast enough to show tail lights to the 600 class sport bikes?

From a dig....you'll lose to both

From a roll. You'll win vs a 600, vs a 1000...drivers race.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I did a 2nd and 3rd gear pull against a liter bike on the highway, I think it was a 750 but it may have been a 600. I didn't drag a bus on him or anything but he was behind me a little bit when I let off. I couldn't see his face so I don't know how surprised he was at the outcome, but he did give me a thumbs up as he went by after we came back down. lol there was another mustang in the pack we cleared to have our run that caught up to me at the exit light and gave me a "holy shit" and a thumbs up. I wish I knew more about bikes to tell you what it was.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
To beat a 600, you'll have to go mid 10's in the quarter. To beat a liter bike, you'll need to go mid 9's. Stock GT500s run mid 11's. Order a Cobra Jet and you won't have a problem.

Tell the rider you'll race him, but the objective is the first one to get four people to the finish line wins:beer:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Isn't a liter bike, by definition one liter in displacement? 1000cc?
yes.. sorry, I should have said 600 class or 750 class. I don't really know bikes enough, I consider 600, 750 and 1k or greater that same style. I took it as liter bike meant not a cruiser style. And I guess I should say that since I wasn't actually the one riding the bike, I don't know if he was actually racing me or just pacing me but slightly behind. :shrug:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
A lot! You will not go toe to toe with a liter bike without some serious oats in the feed bag or a horrible rider.

Mind you the bikes pick up quiet a bit on the road in the HP department from the way their air boxes are designed and are pressurized at speed.

Stock: Average
600cc bike is roughly 110rwhp and 420lbs.
1,000cc(liter) is 160rwhp and 440lbs.
5,800cc GT500 600rwhp and 3850lbs.

Last edited:

MNCobra

Established Member
I used to race everything with my 1000 GSXR and never fear losing...but that was back in 2002-2003 now cars are faster but so are the bikes...I would say 600 yes but not by much 750 or higher you need a lot of mods...

michaeljtrent

Established Member
I was goofing around with a guy on a GSXR the other day and we were dead even on the floor. Of course, he had a lady on the back so the extra weight played to my advantage :rockon:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I never have a clue what I'm racing against when it comes to bikes. The retro looking modern bikes have me so confused I don't even bother to try and figure it out. It used to be either a Harley, Gold Wing, or a Rice Rocket. Now there seems to be so many more styles and brands out there I don't ever know what's next to me. I've taken 2 bikes from a dig and about the only thing I can tell you is they looked awesome, and had 2 wheels. :bash:

My motto is that a bike SHOULD be beating you, so ANY win against one is outstanding in my book. It's really one of those classic "No-win" scenarios for the biker in my opinion: If you win, well big deal, you certainly should have. If you lose, now you suck extra. :lol:

Last edited:

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
My buddies 12 busa runs 9.3s with just a few things done. Stretched, light swing arm, air shifter, etc. Will go 8s with some more tweaking and track time. Good run op bikes are fast lol. 1320 video has some really good videos or cars vs bikes. So far only ones that out run the bikes are the alpha omega gtr and the twin turbo white fox... good luck op :rockon:

jason6488

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys! I haven't run a bike yet. 4 bikers on what looked like nice sport bikes were beside me on the highway on the way home yesterday. They didn't mess with me and I didn't mess with them, traffic was bumper to bumper so it would have been ridiculous anyways, it just got me thinking. I did a google search and came to the conclusion that 600's were in reach from a roll. The rest got progressively faster. I'm not sure 110whp seems realistic for a 600cc engine. 60 - 70 maybe, 40 - 60 more likely. If you do the math 110whp is right at 3hp per cubic inch... kinda high for an NA engine... On the subject of the New york incident, well, I see that as a perfect reason to own guns, and is one of the reasons I do. What my car starts I can promise my .45 will finish... And I got extra clips for the maggots who wanna play tap-a-roo with their helmets. Not trying to start a flame war, maybe the SUV driver instigated. I'm just saying some of us here in Texas roll a little deeper than the law abiding citizens of New York and I'll always take the odds of one brave man over a few cowards. Alright, i'm off my little soap box.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
On the subject of the New york incident, well, I see that as a perfect reason to own guns, and is one of the reasons I do. What my car starts I can promise my .45 will finish... And I got extra clips for the maggots who wanna play tap-a-roo with their helmets. Not trying to start a flame war, maybe the SUV driver instigated. I'm just saying some of us here in Texas roll a little deeper than the law abiding citizens of New York and I'll always take the odds of one brave man over a few cowards. Alright, i'm off my little soap box.

Yeah I was having the same conversation with a couple friends here the other day. That kinda stuff doesn't go down quite the same way here in the south where you and I are. Everyone has a CCW permit here and you can guarantee we all have them in our cars. Those bikers actually got very lucky. Surrounding a family with his wife and small daughter in the car? Most men arn't going to go down easily in that scenario.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, that whole story is a shit storm of giant proportions.

I honestly don't think I would've reacted much differently initially. Group of bikes dicking around, bump one because they're moronic, group approaches, man.....not a good scene anywhere, especially with family in car.

Last thing I would want to do is start shooting and possibly elevate the situation. ..but I guess if theyre smashing windows and grabbing me, there isn't much elevating left to do..

Users who are viewing this thread