whats goin on

20svtcobra03

Established Member
on my cobra i just did the ported blower swap with the mods 2.76 and 4# lower i have a tune that a buddy has on his cobra from amazon tuning but my car seems to be hesitating at high RPM's and a guy at work said i had some black smoke comming out when i shift... but also when im driving at 70 its nearly at 2500 rpm and before it was at 2000rpm i dont know whats goin on the buddy with the same tune and set up as me has no problems

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^What do you mean "same tune" from Amazon as your buddies Cobra? You did give Rick all of "your"
cars information correct. Not your buddies but everything from your car.

Last edited:

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
on my cobra i just did the ported blower swap with the mods 2.76 and 4# lower i have a tune that a buddy has on his cobra from amazon tuning but my car seems to be hesitating at high RPM's and a guy at work said i had some black smoke comming out when i shift... but also when im driving at 70 its nearly at 2500 rpm and before it was at 2000rpm i dont know whats goin on the buddy with the same tune and set up as me has no problems

Does your buddy have different gears or tire combination. Your speedo has probably been re-calibrated incorrectly via the tune for his combination. The black smoke means your running rich. Do yourself a favor and get a dynotune for your car! There are alot of good tuners in the great state of texas.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Can you use another handheld and load a wrong tune from it from another car? Dumb question but I'm just curious here. Surely this isn't the case but Ricks tuning wouldn't be this far off.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think the OP needs to supply the missing information in order to give him the best advice. It does sound, though, like he "borrowed" the tune from his buddy. If that's the case that isn't good. It's unlikely their mods are identical.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'll be checking in a few minutes if you can try and use someone else's handheld lol. I really hope this isn't the case.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
sure does open up a big fat can of worms..doesnt it? this has been discussed over and over and talked to death about who really owns the tune...file sharing etc...

the OP saved himself $175 but has endangered the longevity of his motor which in the long run may cost him a whole lot more...

$175 for unlimited tech,revisions no matter mods what you add...and a tune that is the right one for his vehicle seems like a real bargain to me when you consider the damage that could be done to the motor by using a tune customized for another similar modded vehicle

even with the exact same mods..there could be a mechanical issue that is preventing the tune from functioning as it should..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread