Whats causing this?

Triple Black

Established Member
When I push the clutch in (usually happens at higher rpms) the car cuts off. Sometime it will catch itself before cutting off, but rpms always drop really low when I engage the clutch. IAC is clean, I cleaned the MAF sensor, still happens. Thanks.

Last edited:

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
No VSS signal to the PCM can cause the issue you describe, but if your speedometer is working it is probably not that, unless the VSS wire to the PCM has gone bad. I've never heard of that happening, though.

If you have a tune, I'd suspect the dashpot function in the tune.

Other than that, I have no idea...

The odo gears are easy to replace. You can buy them for about $30 on Ebay.

Triple Black

Established Member
No VSS signal to the PCM can cause the issue you describe, but if your speedometer is working it is probably not that, unless the VSS wire to the PCM has gone bad. I've never heard of that happening, though.

If you have a tune, I'd suspect the dashpot function in the tune.

Other than that, I have no idea...

The odo gears are easy to replace. You can buy them for about $30 on Ebay.
I have a 98 cobra if that matters. Thanks.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
throttle position sensor may of went bad/out of spec for voltage maybe? my cobra did that back in the day and fixed it by unplugging the battery, put a new IAC on it, reconnected battery after 15 min, then put a new TPS sensor on it checked it with a voltmeter (.98-.1 is the sweet spot) and then fired up with no problems..worth a shot and only going to cost you like $40 in sensors

Users who are viewing this thread